Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Naylea
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:48 pm
I am going to give this 0/44/14 a try http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhthx0dMxqtVbx0b. I sacrificed reckoning and sheild specialization. This leaves 3 floating points. One is going into PoJ when 2.3 hits. Two floating points are going likely going into improved holy shield, though could go in shield specialization if you wanted.
Deimosfobos
Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:19 am
I'll spec 0/49/12 on 2.3, without reckoning, wich i think is terribly overated anyways.

I have been tanking without it for months, never missed it, my agro is already sky high.
Of course, i would love to have it for "free", but i'm not willing to lose "tanking" talents for it.

I'm ret at heart, and 2.3 looks like a great movent to be ret at raids, but sadly my raidgroup is lacking tanks, so i'm forced to steep up. Tanking is great tho, a lot more fun than healing.
Neuron
Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:04 am
STOP STEALING MY SUPPLICANTS DEIMOS Evil or Very Mad
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
Taeron
Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:12 am
Well, can you give me some insight to the build I'm looking at for 2.3.

What I did was I left out Spell Warding. I figured it's possible to live with that. And I dropped 1 point in 1h spec so I only lose 1% overall damage from before.

The thing is, I think most of us play heroics, 10 man raids and some 25 mans (mostly SSC at this point). So is this the build to work in this versatile environment or is Spell Warding just too good to drop?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0zMTqtVfx

If you think Spell Warding is a must, then I guess we'll all go 49/12 by dropping Reckoning for Weapon Exp.
_________________
oxn
Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:25 am
What I'm thinking about..

0/48/13
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0dMgqtVfh

Compared to standard 0/49/12 build..
Swap Reck to Weapon Exp
Drop Kings and 2 pts from Deflection

Leaves 3 pts to spend in ret tree for either imp sotc or poj
Matizieu
Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:46 pm
Greetings. Have had my eyes on this forum for quite a while. It's an incredibly useful resource, and an excellent haven to have constructive discussions.

I'm a tankadin that MT's for a five-man guild (well, technically it's a four-man guild, but I have a second computer, so just play two simultaneously in our group). Because there's only four of us, we're more or less never going to do anything more interesting than heroic 5-mans.

Because of that, I've been very hesitant to drop reckoning with the upcoming changes, and so have been thinking of doing something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVbtIx0zgGqtVbx

It's perhaps a little strange, but I figure it's the best compromise talent tree I can come up with, having looked at everything on this thread. The way I see it, what was a 3% chance to hit with melee turns into a 2%+2% chance to hit with melee and spells, so that's net increase, and the now improved weapon expertise will take my chance to land a melee hit through the roof anyway, and taking down misses/resists should offset the 2% to total damage lost from toning 1h-spec down a little bit.

Only problem is that I'm really our only 70 tank, and so I'm going toe-to-toe with casting bosses all the time, but I think not having spell warding isn't by any means a deathblow, given that in the heroics, that's reaching over and throwing an extra heal on my second computer.

Our group smashed through to Anzu with this group:
49/12 Prot Pally (me)
Balance Druid (on my 2nd computer)
Frost Mage
Dest Warlock
Disc/Holy Priest

And I'm leveling a raid-spec elemental shaman to replace the balance druid. I think paladins gain immense benefit from a combined Totem of Wrath / Wrath of Air Totem combo (+3% to hit/crit with spells, + ~100 spell damage), so I'm thinking that those benefits should definitely overshadow the loss of 2% total damage.

Just couldn't bring myself to give up reckoning... only have around 32-34% avoidance, so it goes off quite a bit, and it's great to have when I'm cycling through a 4-trash-mob-pull in heroic Slave Pens... drop a full SoV stack on in six seconds? Yummy.
_________________
Matipzrieu - 70 Protection Paladin - Lightbringer
375 Blacksmith/Engineer
Mavrix
Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:27 pm

hrm

Think I'm probably going with a 0/47/14 with the random leftover extra point going into imp judgement just because I don't see it being super useful elsewhere for me. (I don't necessarily judge every time the cooldown is up as it is, so I never really put much value on imp judgement. Alternative suggestions for that final point would be welcome.)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0zMgqtVsx
_________________
Mavrix
BE Tankadin
Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Mavrix