Skip to content
Maintankadin

SotP vs Kings @ 80

Majiben
Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:14 am
I want you to show concrete examples of where you need a 30 second interupt to survive when a 1 minute one won't do. As a bonus you could also include one that can't be cced.

3 talent points is a lot to pay for something that is unreliable, not needed in raids and has a very small chance of ever being needed for a 5 man.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
vschiano2008
Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:54 pm
dont interrupt! take the damage, let the healer heal and give you moar mana.

find a reliable healbot, push them to their limits, and if you go too far, you've got a shield wall now!
_________________
Bobness
Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:34 am
I must admit I am considering a 0/56/15 spec...

SOTP seems a pretty Lacklustre 5 points, whilst I wouldn't go for gear with crit on it getting (6+3+5) from Talents doesn't seem that bad to me.

Is SOTP better than a situationally useful 8% Crit (5% if u have a ret Paladin)

Particularly... what if u have a Solid Weapon & a truck load of BV ?
_________________
Majiben
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:38 am
Sotp still wins from a tps perspective. What many people seem to be forgetting is that SotP affects both the seals and judgements. Now crit is better for off dps or off healing. Both choices are acceptable as long as you are doing it for the right reasons.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Majiben
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 am
Psiven ran the numbers. Some thing like a 2.8% increase for 5% crit and 3.X % for SotP.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Bobness
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:12 am
I'll have a look at that thread... Still not convinced tbh..

I would have thought that the scaling potential of

Str/BV would make an additional (5%/8%) crit start to look a lot more attractive

as melee/Hotr/Shor get better doesn't Sotp just get worse ?

I'd imagine most of our other abilites are scaling a lot better than SOV/JOV
_________________
Rhî
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:40 am
Don't rely on those numbers. They are changing with your gear, spec, tank rotation and enemy alot.
_________________
Bobness
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:45 am
Ok doing rough calcs only it does appear that Sotp beats out 5% crit for TPS, but probably not DPS..... I'd guess this may change when we start to get hold of gear that we haven't seen yet.

I'm quite surprised by that...still I do like seeing crits... hmmm not sure what to do now

/sigh
_________________