Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seals of the Pure vs Conviction

Veilan
Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:23 am
If you know what to engage and how to play smart, a PvE-specced and equipped protection paladin still can be a formidable force on any battlefield. Especially with enemy players not used to seeing a tank in PvP - hello rogues stupid enough to attack Smile. I fondly remember an AB where I held 8 players at the blacksmith for two minutes while the rest took all the bases around in the meantime.

Anyway, I went with conviction, to grab the extra 3/6 % threat and damage from crusade.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Die+Aldor&n=Ythalaine

If it's worth it in one-handed spec, it's worth it in crusade. As for seals of the pure... I begrudge not being able to dump the 5 points from reckoning into it. If that were possible, I'd be 100% content.
_________________
Majiben
Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:41 am
Dropping AD is a big no no. As is not getting 1/2 imp judgement. I assume you are running with a ret paladin 100% of your raid time and that's why you didn't pick up HotC or Kings. If you don't run with a ret pally you should definetly get those talents. If I was absolutely set on getting crusader I would go with a 0/54/17 build. The major issue is that crusader is too deep in ret. We have to sacrafice too much to get it. Also it's only as good as 1hs on some mobs, on the others it is half as effective.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Kilthanas
Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:33 pm
I'm 3/5 conviction atm. To me its no contest. I suspect its a TPS boost (which I don't particularly need) but more importantly its a DPS boost. I got several 6.7K shield slam crits in Naxx this week. I see hammer crits of over 2K and perhaps 3K (this with a lvl 187 blue sword).

In heroics I often run SoW in order to not have to drink and be able to chain pull and consecrate and hammer as much as possible and in that situation the crit is much preferable.

I'll have to do another look at recount in Naxx when I'm running SoV (corruption) but last time I looked in Naxx seals and judgments were such a miniscule amount of my dps that helping them does very little in comparison to getting higher chance at 7K shield slams.

If your gear sucks bad then Seals of the Pure is probably pretty huge for you. But once you get some nice block value and a nice tanking weapon I really don't think it is any contest, crit all the way.
Shields
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:57 am
Am I the only one that thinks neither of these talents belong in a prot paladin build?

I don't think I would accept a prot paladin specced like that on my raid team.