Saeverud
Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:46 pm
I'm taking it, it's up on the PTR already and people have played with it, but I want to confirm. You actually take the damage that's redirected correct?

Kynes wrote:Majiben wrote:I liked DG; I just don't think that DSac and DG should both exist.
DG has many uses. DSac just feels like a nerfed DG we can active w/o bubbling. IE to get gibbed.
Doxa wrote:It seems to me that Blizz is trying to move Holy Paladins outta the Ret tree (and stacking so much crit) and into the prot tree. This basically results in filling the prot tree with talents really meant for a holy paladin but could occasionally under the perfect conditions be used by prot paladins.
As I can tell now, if you don't want divinity, DS or DG you're basically taking another usually-skipped talent or reckoning to move into the sixth tier of the Prot tree.
I really hope this doesn't stick.
Fridmarr wrote:Instead, it comes off feeling like our unused talent spots are being eaten by holy talents, which is probably a bit unfair.
Nicki wrote:should have a big red tag on it...
DO NOT USE WHILE TANKING ANYTHING DANGEROUS..
its a useless cooldown as a tank this talent appeals to offtankadins in alot of ways its about as useless as the talent warriors have to improve intervene...
Honestly this is pretty much the worst idea ever...ok its good for pvp thats about it.
Arquine wrote:Nicki wrote:should have a big red tag on it...
DO NOT USE WHILE TANKING ANYTHING DANGEROUS..
its a useless cooldown as a tank this talent appeals to offtankadins in alot of ways its about as useless as the talent warriors have to improve intervene...
Honestly this is pretty much the worst idea ever...ok its good for pvp thats about it.
I won't be so quick on that. Who is to say you have to put up DS first before DP?
a 63k damage, by half is 31.5k damage - that is not going to kill any decent paladin. If my assumption is correctly, it knocks off a maximum of 75% of your total hit points.
I'd like to think of it as a Last Stand, whereas warrior's last stand works for himself, ours is a raid last stand - where we give the raid a chance to survive. Who is to say it has to be all 24 members taking 2.6k damage ? it could be some sort of attack that affects 2/3 targets - and you're here for a lifesaver.
situational I agree, but we're never going to get an essential talent at this point, and I rather like our unique trait.
Arquine wrote:Nicki wrote:should have a big red tag on it...
DO NOT USE WHILE TANKING ANYTHING DANGEROUS..
its a useless cooldown as a tank this talent appeals to offtankadins in alot of ways its about as useless as the talent warriors have to improve intervene...
Honestly this is pretty much the worst idea ever...ok its good for pvp thats about it.
I won't be so quick on that. Who is to say you have to put up DS first before DP?
a 63k damage, by half is 31.5k damage - that is not going to kill any decent paladin. If my assumption is correctly, it knocks off a maximum of 75% of your total hit points.
I'd like to think of it as a Last Stand, whereas warrior's last stand works for himself, ours is a raid last stand - where we give the raid a chance to survive. Who is to say it has to be all 24 members taking 2.6k damage ? it could be some sort of attack that affects 2/3 targets - and you're here for a lifesaver.
situational I agree, but we're never going to get an essential talent at this point, and I rather like our unique trait.
Majiben wrote:Only half the damage being prevented is being redirected to the paladin atm.
Dekort wrote:are our mitigation effects going into place before or after the amount comes to us? let's say this talent directs 32k damage from party members to us, does our armor/talents then reduce that amount?