Skip to content
Maintankadin

Precision or PoJ in 2.3 49/12

Linus
Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am
What is this speed increase talk? Most people have a boot enchant, so a 7% speed increase in a small room (hell even a room as big as Gruul's let's say) isn't big enough for 7% to pay off. In a LARGE LONG distance 7% will make quite a difference but running from one side of a room to another you might get there (literally) 1/2 a second earlier, and honestly if your raid is wiping due to that you have other issues.

Is it just me or does the speed arguement just fail horribly? Barely worth considering IMO, definitely not enough to sacrifice good prot talents to get.

The resist chance is good but still not enough.

Precision, especially with the revelation that it will include spell hit, is the CLEAR winner IMHO.
_________________


"Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"
Mithos
Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:00 am
Well, I don't have a burning need for anything else for 3 points, so I'm getting this over Sanctified Crusader, because I find myself wishing I had bothered to get a speed enchant quite often, but this is better than an enchant. I already have precision on top.
_________________

Dunkan
Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:38 am
Thought I would rip the extra point for maxxed PoJ from Improved Judgement.

The way I figure it, ImpJ helps me get it out of synch with other talents, giving me more options.

I expect to spend a bit of gold in the future on respeccing to et exactly what I want.
_________________
Aggramar EU

Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Kitria
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:32 pm
I'm looking at a 0/46/15 that looks like this. Basically switching reckoning to weapon expertise and precision to PoJ (SoC is placeholding the 3rd PoJ point). As far as precision goes, it's 3% less aggro basically but trading that for what could equate to 3% spell mitigation. I've always held the belief that survivability is king, and PoJ will give more of that plus a nifty runspeed increase to boot.
_________________
Munson
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:50 pm
what about keeping precision and PoJ by dropping kings and improved judgement? I tend to be focusing on many different things other than taking full advantage of the judgement, although I have not ever been tanking without it.

What do you guys think?
enbee
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:56 pm
I'm gonna test out how my rotation works out with 0/2 and 1/2 imp judge, and threat difference, right now I end up judging at the same time as refreshing holy shield or dropping a new consecrate very often, and losing out on a sor proc, though I might just stick with SoV next patch where the seal refreshing a bit later matters less (if you have enough hit, which I do :p).

Shame I really don't want to test this all on the PTR so I'm gonna be raiding my gold for loads of respecs the first week Mad
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Aalryn
Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:11 pm
I did a ZA run on test today with a http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIM0zrgqtVbx0b build. The run went well. It was the first time we went to ZA and managed to clear it in under two hours. All i can say is that place looks like it was designed with a paladin in mind.

The build went well, I was testing it with 2 points in reckoning instead of spell warding, but to be honest I didn't notice the reckoning procs. I may still go with this build in live though. I wasn't exactly watching the procs and didn't run a WWS or procwatch on it.

What was completely amazing was having over 20,000 hp (able to buff to 22.5k). AD was rediculous. With it kicking in over 7k hp, I watched my hp get low and wasn't even worried. The warrior tanking would pick up 1 mob, i'd pick up 3. The dragonhawk boss was made trivial and I could see all of the eggs being tanked suplicant style just taking all of them. They only have about 3-4k hp and dont hit for anything...

The trash clears on the way to the eagle boss & tiger boss just scream prot pali.. of course the eagle boss himself would suck as every time you cast a spell you take 3k damage. I just put on healing gear and healed for it.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Makaijin
Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:44 am
Personally I will go for 48/13 without ImpJ.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMTqtV0e

Currently I'm on a 10/41/10 build (saves for holy respecs every week for arena) and I don't really miss the improved judgment. I took 1 point from 1H specialisation so I can max out PoJ. I also took spell warding, as the spell miss from PoJ will go hand in hand with spell warding.
_________________
Tenkou - 70 Paladin, Xavius EU
Mithos
Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:23 pm
I've actually respecced 2/2 Imp Judge atm to test it, with nice SoV extra dmg @ max stack next patch I'll be using this more I think, so the odd missed swing shoudn't prove fatal. Haven't tanked anythign nasty with this spec yet though although I've sorted the rotation. Dunno what I'll do in 2.3 now Very Happy.
_________________