Skip to content
Maintankadin

When to drop Reckoning

Tuberon
Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:35 am
At the moment I've gone to running without spell warding in favor of the overall stamina increase, and have reckoning down to 3/5. I really haven't noticed a difference in reckoning proc frequency, as when you have 10+ guys on you, even a 6% chance is high.

It's still useful for me, but then again, I haven't hit kara gear yet. Once you stop getting hit, it stops being useful.
_________________

Rossignol
Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:02 am
First of all, hello! (I am new to these forums and am thrilled to have found them)

Now, I think I could use some help understanding reckoning.

I am not concerned about giving it up for AoE grinding, but since a huge portion of my raid tanking is picking up adds (A'lar embers, Hydross elementals, Tidewalker Murlocs, ZA birds, etc.) will ditching Reckoning be noticeably bad for that?

I really want to be optimal and irreplaceable in those situations, but I would love to snag the 1-handed talent to do more damage.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
kalbear
Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:09 am
1hws is probably just as good as reckoning for tanking multiple adds. You'll want to focus on optimizing consecrate damage, and that's about 1hws, not reckoning.