Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.2 Specs: Summary of options

theckhd
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

Eanin wrote:I noticed you didn't put a second point in Spiritual Attunement as an option. It's a pretty good one and given that you think it's worth putting one point in, it would seem reasonable to put in a second.

What I'm kind of wondering is which gives more threat: 3/5 SotP or 1/5 Conviction+2/3 Crusade? If I take the second SA point, I can't get 3/3 Crusade.

1V+2C wins on a Demon/Undead/Humanoid/Elemental mob, 3/5 SotP wins on anything else. They're the bottom two specs on the following graph:

Theck wrote:Image
Nadir
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

I respec 2/2 SA whenever I'm assigned to tank Vezax. Otherwise, two points is really overkill and is completely made up for with Divine Plea, Replenishment, and Judgment of Wisdom.
Threatco
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

What's the other 1 point saposed to go into then?

(knowing me I would probly take HoJ for BG's and lols because threat is not an issue as long as I have 2 taunt.)
Nadir
Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

Threatco wrote:What's the other 1 point saposed to go into then?

(knowing me I would probly take HoJ for BG's and lols because threat is not an issue as long as I have 2 taunt.)


Assuming 53/18, 1/2 SA conveniently serves as a filler and that one point is sufficient to unlock the next tier of talents.
Pere
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

While newly registered, I have been reading these forums for a long time, and would not mind some opinions. I am considering this build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZA0xA0uMusIufdxfMobc which really the only difference from my 3.1 build is moving 2 points out of Conviction and into Vindication. I am a backup tank for my guild due to my work schedule, although it seems that compared to our regular paladin MT I really have to watch my threat to not pull off of him.

oops forgot, this is the other build I am considering http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#smZA0xA0uMusIufdxfM0b

Just curious, we have had all 4 classes of tanks in guild and are at Yogg in both 10/25 man Uld and have already downed both bosses in 25 TOC, but do others besides me have a problem with having to watch threat closely to not pull off warriors/druids/DK tanks (I had this problem even in 3.1) or are the other tanks just not maximizing their threat properly.
_Ayli_
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

Others classes shouldn't have any problems with having more tps then you do when off tanking. Remember, you're not even doing max tps since your not getting hit.

In others words, the MT slacks
Wrathy
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

Pere wrote:Just curious, we have had all 4 classes of tanks in guild and are at Yogg in both 10/25 man Uld and have already downed both bosses in 25 TOC, but do others besides me have a problem with having to watch threat closely to not pull off warriors/druids/DK tanks (I had this problem even in 3.1) or are the other tanks just not maximizing their threat properly.


I have, on many occasions, been mindlessly attacking a boss, just cranking away at my 969 and all of a sudden noticed that I am tanking him as an off tank. For single target tanking, I feel that a few good SotRs and HoRs really put you up high on threat early on in the fight.