Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Maruko_
Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:57 am
Definitely dropping reckoning for combat expertise.


My big decision is how to spread my points between precision, deflection, and the new pursuit of justice.
These are the talents I'm definitely getting:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVoxIx0dMgqtVf
So I'll have 5 points to split between the rest of Precision, new Pursuit of Justice and Deflection.

So, how important will +hit be now, especially considering I just lost my WE racial? Would 1% plus the hit from tankatronic goggles be enough?
How great is +3% miss from spells? I wasn't that impressed by it when I first looked but I see a lot of people are getting it. Care to explain why?
And lastly, Deflection. I am pretty sure I can still maintain uncrushable without it... but is it worth giving up all that parry for the others?
_________________

(not always accurate, I spec holy for arena)
Daimokuren
Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:54 am
Well I recently respec'd to this build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVbtIx0zMgqtVfx

I did this before the patch announcements, after looking through WWS logs. After a long night of TK and SSC raiding, I noticed it Reckoning only proc'd twice on VR (and I had aggro a large portion of the time, holding him through 2 or 3 consecutive kicks, not to mention Pounding should trigger it anyway even when not MT). So I look at the log for the whole night, bosses, wipes, trash - Reckoning proc'd 32 times. During 5 hours or so of raiding. Reckoning got the boot. Solo'ing is less effective, and it's one less proc to help Rogues kill themselves with (lol), but I'm happier. Threat is higher/more consistent and my glancing blows have been reduced, which is something that also irked me while analyzing WWS logs.

So, with the 2.3 changes, I'm ecstatic. I already like my new spec, and it just got better. I'll be keeping Imp. Crusader because I like the idea and utility of contributing 3% more crit to the raid. This can change if and when we get a good, consistent Ret paly, but that's not happening soon.

Not too interested in the new PoJ other than the nifty 15% run speed, which doesn't really matter to tanking for me. I ditched Spell Warding after thinking about it a bit and deciding to embrace the fact that I am not a spell dmg tank - we have several terrific prot warriors for that. So, the additional benefit of the new PoJ falls into that category. And I frequently raid 25 mans with another great paly tank, so he can be the yin to my yang in that regard with his more traditional 48/13 (JoCommand is the odd point) build.

Sorry I'm a bit long winded. Wink

Brett
_________________
Daimokuren - 70 Draenei Paly - Balnazzar
Zanbaur
Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:59 am
The only things I can see myself dropping are Reckoning for Combat Expertise and Imp SotC for PoJ.

I haven't noticed any real need for me to pick up precision and I'll be keeping deflection maxed. I have a couple of ret pally friends that I run with so Imp SotC won't be needed for me.

I love the idea of an increased run speed along with spell miss. It almost makes up for our lack of a charge ability...almost.
_________________
Shanjer
Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:13 am
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVbtIx0dMgotVfxzb

This is the build i'm thinking of (until we get a Retri pally)

I is a shame to lose Ardent Defender, but there is so much other stuff i need!

SoC is a place holder for the new 3/3 in run speed.

Its a real hard choice now, They really need to thin out the Prot tree.
_________________
Shanjer
Radience
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 am
Does 'Shield Specialization' only increase block value from your shield or from all your gear?
I'm thinking about dropping 1 pt from Shield Specialization, Blessing of Kings, Precision and 3 pts from Reckoning to Pursuit of Justice and Combat Expertise. Personally I don't want to fully spec Reckoning out.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0xGx0drgqtVbxzb
0/46/15 (1 pt in SoC is place holder for PoJ 3rd rank)
_________________
Suikano
Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:42 am
Blizzard set us up the bomb.
_________________
Pizbit
Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:00 pm
ewps,mis-read, just woke up, ignore this post.
_________________
Chevalier
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:25 pm
OP: Im with you. Unless you have a ret pally then instead of imprv. seal of crusader I would go with PoJ.
_________________