Marsha wrote:I agree with what Theckhd has posted above, except where he placed Reckoning on the list. It's procs a lot on beta atm.
This is the build I'm playing around with right now on Beta at level 85.
http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#sZcrhfRubdMhcbr:Vmq0RmmzM I'm sure some of you will go....OMG!!! no AD!!!, but the whole point of a beta is to try stuff out, and that's what I've been doing. The glyphs shown are in game, but some are incorrect as to being prime or major glyphs. Still you get the idea.
I expect we'll get a new beta build shortly with a pass at the actual damage numbers. ATM CS is simply to weak to even use, but I'm sure it will be adjusted to be more in line with HotR.
You have a
divine favor glyph? Unless that's just a strange placeholder thing, its a tier 3 holy ability.
Todays build destroyed other thoughts on this spec since reckoning is down to 2 points and they moved divinity over to prot now and that protector talent for imp ret aura etc is a self heal thing. Also
WotL now = 60% increase to CS and Judgement damage! Add that to crusade and CS is almost double it's default. Looking back at this fact, I would now question how much haste to buff reckoning is worth compared to ensuring you have more crit for CS with Rule of Law... they are making the WoG spec a little more appealing with the Holy Shield addition, but I can't see it being worth it.
Anyway, the part that still matters is in response to Arincia:
Arincia wrote:20% melee attack speed buff and 6/9% haste from JoTP achieving a 2.0 second attack speed on a 2.6 speed weapon. I think that haste could really be a solid threat choice depending on the situation.
Haste needed for 2.6s swing down to 2s should be around exactly what your wrote. So why would haste as a stat be a "tanking stat"? I believe the rating curve goes to 128 at lvl85 vs 32 at lvl80, so gear stats would definitely be unfavorable methods for getting enough haste on tank gear to soft cap reckoning for a slow weapon.
As for spec in general, the topic's original mmo-champ links are broken now with the new build, but I wonder about the relegation of Eye for an Eye to "pvp" talents. Has any testing been down on this? Many boss encounters in ICC had spell damage involved though I'm not sure if say Marrowgar's coldflame is his or the "environment's" what about splash/aoe damage components on fights like Rotface,Dreamwalker (does the abom gut spray disease count)? Surely LDW's frostbolts would be a good threat/dps boost when they hit... or what about Sindragosa's breath? Surely this will be decent dragon talent. I'm just not sure there are enough tank and spank encounters that our "default" should be to ignore all magic damage.
Finally, I love the names! It made me lol:
Meloree wrote:We have Divine Barkskin, Guardian of the Ancient Shieldwall, and Ardent Defender.