Skip to content
Maintankadin

Preferred Talent Build for 3.0

Grimlockk
Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:36 pm
Looking for some help ...at lvl 80 im thinking about this core build for raids:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxb

But i dont know where to put the last 6 points in. I could go with 5/5 Seals of the Pure or 5/5 Benediction. Dont know what would be best, the 15% increase in damage or 10% reduced cost to my instant cast spells. Then if i do decide to go with that id have 1 point left to put... ?? Need some help with my last 6. Any suggestions/comments would help. thnx.
_________________
iTank
Korath
Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:17 pm
Think we are going to see how our mana holds up. If its not a problem stick the points in JoPure (eg: A build like: this) otherwise stick them in Benediction like this?

I dont know, they have lightened up our trees, given us cool stuff and now we are spoiled for choice Razz
_________________


.::. Karak 70 Restoration Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Affliction Warlock .::.
.::. Silfen 66 Beast Hunter .::.
rickforking
Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:02 pm
I see a lot of people leaving out divine guardian, and that seems pretty confusing to me. That seems like an awesome talent for offtanking. Wait til you are getting low on mana, use that before a lot of damage is about to go out, get your mana healed back up to continue to build threat. I personally can't wait to have it for a fight like BB when I'm not the one tanking but trying to keep up.
Needforcreed
Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:58 pm
Ah yes, amazing how many times I can read instructions and still miss the important bit: "while divine shield is active" , right.

Occasionally absorbing all raid damage for 12 seconds. Not so bad, I guess, though buggered if I see what it has to do with tanking - shouldn't it be in the Holy tree? (But where does the mana regen come from, if you're receiving NO damage, Rick?)
AusDante
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:04 pm
Ok, I'm still a noob to Tanking, but I thought that the strength bonus would not be a major thing.

So why may I ask is everyone putting 5 points into Divine Strength?
Having said that, would this be a good build for 70?
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZa0VAcurteIRMoxo

Flame me if you like, but I said I was a noob Smile
Needforcreed
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:25 pm
Firstly, I'm the noob, back off.

It seems a very good question, to me.

Your build is the one I came up with for 70, except I don't like Reckoning because of the boss parry problem and I am thinking of putting those two points into Seals of the Pure or Divine Guardian (except I don't understand the latter and suspect it may be a complete turkey, ?only usable when not tanking??).

Now, hopefully they will flame me instead.

P.S. But did I see that Blizz is abolishing crushing blows in the expansion [Edit: no, but only occur if mob is at least 4 lvls higher than target]? That would remove my main objection to Reckoning
AusDante
Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:19 am
I guess my reasoning behind taking reckoning was I needed something to fill the tree and it seemed to make sense for leveling from 70 - 80.

As for why everyone is choosing divine strength, I am sure there is a good reason, I would just like to know what it is Smile
Needforcreed
Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 am
Well, this is at least part of the answer:
"Strength now gives shield block value at a rate of one point of block value per two points of strength"

Plus I see that Hammer of the Righteous damage is a multiple of white weapon dps. Which is increased by attack power. Which is increased by strength.

Attack power now also affects Avenger's Shield (as much as spell power does, in fact), and our Judgements; Consecration; Holy Wrath; Hammer of Wrath; etc. etc.

Strength (via block value) affects Shield of Righteousness.

I haven't ground the numbers as to how important all those effects are, but eyeballing them they look pretty significant.

If strength is important, +15% for 5 points looks like value...
AusDante
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:16 am
Ok, that sounds fair.
If that is the case, then I guess it makes perfect sense Smile
econ21
Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:07 am
Under 3.0, strength is our primary threat stat (while aside from weapon dps) - just like spell damage was before it. Hence the addition of strength to re-itemised BC tanking gear. It's right up there with stamina and defence as our things.
Hanadra
Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:04 am
ok I've been having trouble understanding patch 3.0 so they have given pallies a better strength to block ratio, but what is this I hear about making warrior weapons more viable for tanking?