Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Justis
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:11 am
With the new change from weapon skill to expertise, where 1 point decreases your opponent's chance to miss/dodge by .25%, would it equal 1.25% to hit? If so i would think that we could spec out of precision and still be close in our hit % to what we were with it.

Edit: My math was wrong... work ftl.
Neuron
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:15 pm
I am not recommending this build to everyone. I plan on it because I have a passive +3.3% hit chance from my typical gear setup, and don't care about reaching 6% hit chance. Many will probably want the hit chance, and should consider dropping spell warding and kings (or a point from one handed weapon spec) to get it.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
Theras
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:16 pm
I'm going to be dumping Reckoning, Deflection, and Blessing of Kings come 2.3 to dramatically alter my build to look like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0dMgqtVf00b

As I shift into Tier 6 gear in the coming weeks I'm going to find myself getting a huge amount of pure avoidance that truthfully I don't really need, so Deflection is going out the door to get the new toys: 10% more stamina, 2.5% less parry+dodge on my attacks, 3% raid-wide crit when our Retardin is absent, 3% spell avoidance, and 15% run speed. Overall I think I'm going to come out roughly the same in total threat - maybe a little worse, but compensated for by a swap to a Threat enchant on my gloves - and a lot of neat toys that will improve my mobility and survivability.

The talent changes get an A- from me. Just slim the tree down a bit and we're golden.
_________________
Theras - Avatars of Discord lead tank
Illidari Demon Hunter
Maulininis
Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:34 pm
It is my opinion that giving up deflection is just giving up too much avoidance unless T5 is your thing and your block value is through the roof.

I'm also of the opinion that anyone who doesn't spec precision doesn't MT enough to appreciate the struggle of DPS opening up right away after your Avenger's Shield misses.

Also, mobility is situationally very helpful to being a good tank.

And therefore... Deflection, Precision, or the new PoJ. I definitely want to set myself on a 0/46/15. I haven't had reckoning for ages, and I don't miss it either... But dropping precision when i can STILL go to start VR, or Doomwalker, or Doomlord Kazzak, and have the shield miss on what seems to be approx 1/5 tries? It just doesn't seem like a smart thing to do given those experiences, and yet the majority of posters in this thread seem to be supporters of the "drop precision bandwagon." How often are you guys MT'ing and such? Avenger's shield hitting is often so vital (Leotheras comes to mind)... shouldn't we be doing everything in our power to make sure it does?

Respec costs incoming, what else can I say? (just spent 2000g on [Belt of the Guardian] and NOW they bring out that badge belt? *grumble*grumble*)
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Maulininis

Shut up and get behind me.... Sir.
daier
Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:02 am
I was thinking of going with this build, though probably too much in Prot, LOL.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0dggqtV0x


Figured I'd grab the big stamina booster along with keeping reckoning. My reasoning for not getting the new POJ is more or less like someone said earlier in this thread, that it would be useful when it worked; kinda like eye for an eye. Proc talents are iffy to me, but you can see that I picked up Reckoning for the added chance to threat, so in a way I'm kind of ignoring 3% survivability against casters for a chance at added threat. I just got onto the PVE PTR today, so I've got to try it out when I can, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this.
Belldandi
Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:53 am
Prob going to go with my current build (in sig)

Droping reckoning for 10% Stam

and Imp. HoJ for PoJ.

still cant stop drooling over the 10% stam buff lol
_________________
Belldandi <Dominion>
Lore
Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:37 am
Alright, with the new Precision info, it seems like that's a must-have talent as well. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna stay at 0/49/12 now, and if we want imp JotC we'll need to get a ret pally.
_________________
Uther would have rolled a Blood Elf.
Caelia
Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:09 am
well, you'll be seeing more ret pallys, with there 30% threat reduction. Which is more than a spriest gets and they can create a hell of alot of agro. So it wont be as crucial for raids for us to get it, 5/heorics its probally not needed.
_________________