Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking spec poll

jcamper1337
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:06 pm
Thank you for that Tallent tree. Im really starting to see what you guys have all been talking about now. I know i posed about 30sec about needing a tree in another thread before i came over here to look at this post. ( i kinda have a one track mind) Thank you I really Like this tree and I guess Ill have to use the 9696 macros now

also doe imp devotion aura stack with resto druids tree aura ??
_________________
Majiben
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 pm
You don't need to use a macro(s). The numbers refer to how often you hit the buttons. My actual rotation looks like:

134593154394.....etc
969696969696......

see how my keystrokes match up to how long (in seconds) between hitting the same button again?

1- holy shield
3- HotR
4- Judgement
5- ShoR
9- Consecrate
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
moonsond
Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 pm
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum but i've been reading it time by time before.
Thank you all for keeping up such an useful and interesting resource, it's been pretty often that a bit of info from here was priceless.

I didn't want to post a new thread for a few questions i have, so i decided to ask them here instead.

I'm aiming for a 5/60/6 build @ 80 with and imp HoJ taken @ prot tree's t4. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAMugteIRGoxo

1) Why do some ppl prefer Divine Guardian in that tier? I don't get into bubble often while tanking i'd say, and if i get into it - either i drop it just after i bubble(if i need to avoid some accidental damage or i need a fast removal of debuffs on me), or i do it to buy mself 12 extra seconds to save some gold on repairs ^^ In both cases, most probably a raid wont recieve much benefit from me bubbling or raid is getting totally pwned and -30% overall damage wont save us from wipe. Situations where raid gets a massive aoe blow where it may help are not so common imo... and after, if you will have forebrance on you when you will REALLY need to get into bubble or bubble wall... well, you got what i mean.
Whereas imp HoJ gives a significant boost to our only CC spell, it's often useful while solo farming\questing\stopping that mob from pwning slacker who doesn't watch his aggro\if you need an extra spell interrupt(soon).

So is it a matter of what you like or Divine Guardian < Imp HoJ really?

2) Is Ardent Defender worth of 5 points in it now? @ 70 i've been raiding with and without it for a long time and i can't say it saved my life often. I'd really fancy going to PoJ in ret tree instead.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVA0ugtcIRGoxsb0b is the build i wanted before, is it a crap \w no AD?

EDIT2: But maybe it's best to skip 2 points in Reckoning at all and choose http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=scZ0xVA0uGteIRGots00b ...?

EDIT3: Well, after analyzing other threads and stuff for a few hours i ended up with being confident that i'll go for something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=scZ0xVA0uGteIRGoxRb0b (no retri pala in guild atm ^^). Last thing i have mixed feelings about is Judgements of the Just, it is useful right?

Lol i guess you can track my progress of getting sense of what's best talents-wise tonight^^
_________________
Мюратт @ Ясеневый Лес(Ashenvale) EU(ruRU)
DeadlyRabbit
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:36 am
This is my current build, I picked up improved might to go with kings to help the raid, I find that a lot of classes that could use might pick kings, that was usually after they ask me to buff one then the other to check the stats.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uMteIRGoxob

Next respec I think I will drop the improved might and go with this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uMtjIRGoxs

I would like to use points from Kings else where but 10% is worth it to me unless in 25s we have somebody else with kings.

Reckoning isn't something I am worried about picking up right now since threat isn't a issue at all with SoR and HoR being added into our rotation. That may change as the dps gears better gear, but I can always change things up then, right now the healers and myself are lacking gear so 5/5 ardent defender is worth it.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Archimonde&n=Deadlyrabbit
Mialina
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 am
5 / 59 / 7
is what I use, dont need Kings as other pallies in raid will buff it and all tanks prefer that I buff sanctuary anyways.
Please don't tell me I'll need kings in non-raid situations, I'll only /laugh at the thought as all the heroics are doable in green gear and shit... (Thanks for the huge nerf on starter contents Blizz, gief TBC back...).
Feel free to criticize, but I'm positive I got an answer for all your questions Smile
_________________
Majiben
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:56 am
Having overgeared people drag undergeared people through content does not consitute the content as possible with the undergeared person's gear. Hell you could claim BT is possible with a 0/0/0 spec and greys then.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Wunderland
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:09 am
I have been and will probably continue to use 5/56/10 to tank with. I don't need BoK, reckoning can be bad, we have a consistent retadin. The only oddball talent I could be interested in is Divine Guardian for what could almost be another shield wall for those pesky "Hey you, tankadin - yeah you're the OT" fights, but still pretty gimicky.

Edit: I'm also not a big fan of Benediction, but it does have it's uses when you start avoiding and mitigating more.
Majiben
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:30 am
Always yes to AD
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
moonsond
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:50 am
Very Happy That's malygos-specific build i guess)
Well i had the same feelings about it, maybe if i will need a kind of insane threat for an encounter where damage is not a real issue i will use it.
_________________
Мюратт @ Ясеневый Лес(Ashenvale) EU(ruRU)