Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Agravaine
Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:54 pm
I think personally, I'm going to go with 0/49/12

Precision effecting both hit and spell hit is now a must have I think for threat, Combat Experience takes the place of Reckoning.

I don't see any need for improved crusader, since that can be supplied by our Ret paladin.
Brittin
Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:08 pm
Regarding PoJ, there must be something I dont know about 3% chance to be missed by spells. This is going to work out like changing you from 99% hitable to 96% hitable. I dont really see the worth in giving up the advanced raid DPS bonus of the new Improved Seal of the Crusader.

I agree that reckoning is out the door as well.



http://wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0dMgqtVfh

Would be my build, although the 2 pts in spell warding are iffy as 4% on a 2000 pt spell hit is a pathetic 80hp. WTB worthwhile spell mitigation talent.
_________________
Brittin
70 Tankadin of Ysera
Guild Equilibrium
Coristad
Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:24 pm
I was saddened by the impending loss of Reckoning, but I'm trying to think of its best uses, and all I could come up with was AoE farming combined with SoW/JoW to keep from running out of mana. With the changes to healing affecting spell damage, I could potentially be farming in my heal gear, have twice the mana pool, and just kill things faster.

Or, I could finally level that hunter alt at turbo speed to farm with. Very Happy

So overall, it seems like Reckoning is going out the door for raiding.
_________________
Zand
Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:06 pm
I'm very confused why people are dropping reckoning to get the new talents, when Anticipation is probably a better stat.

The biggest reason I see people say for getting rid of reckoning is because their avoidance is so high it's not worth getting. But if you drop Anticipation down a bit, your avoidance goes down....so you get more chances for reckoning proc's.

Guess I don't see it....I like Reckoning too much to lose it.

Also, the PoJ buff doesn't seem that great...it only helps against full resists, doesn't affect partials.

What I think I'll be going with.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhthh0dggqtVbx

Really wish I could get Improved Seal of Crusader. Oh well, I'll just pushing to get a Ret Paladin in Smile
Dorvan
Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:13 pm
The thing is, when you drop Anticipation you're also increasing your damage taken. Although there are a couple of exceptions among some of the T6 Pallies out there, for the vast majority of us damage mitigation is a greater concern than threat, and hence we will gladly take Anticipation over Reckoning. Then there's the "defense for resistance fights" thing, which has already been mentioned twice in this thread...
Arcand
Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:44 pm
I'm going to try throwing out Improved Judgement to get 2/3 Precision, so I end up 0/48/13.

My back-of-envelope calculations tell me my threat will increase this way; what I worry about is how it will affect me in heroics where JoR is the big threat stick I use to break CC or to lock down a newly-pulled bad guy when I know the Pyroblast is on the way.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - Uncrushable at 15.5k
Ajax
Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:18 pm
Leaning towards this spec http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?0000000000000000000005305033400021025215510510500120000000000000

Ok so i lose 4 def points but swap +12 stam gem for one enduring talasite and your good to go again and with the extra 10% buff i am certain this small amount wont be missed......

Not sure if only 1 point in improved judgement is enough though ?

Don't need the new ret bonus as i am 99.9% certain that one of our holy paladins is gonna spec ret as soon as he reads about the threat reduction tonight
_________________
Daeren
Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:40 pm
I did some quick maths, and with my gear (500 spell damage), you lose ROUGHLY 25-50 TPS by losing reckoning, 25-50 by losing 1-hand weapon spec, 50-100 by losing both.

It's all comes down to preference. If you like AOE-farming on top of BT and enjoy the extra procs from JoW on bosses, go reckoning, but if you're afraid of parry induced haste and like more consecration and general damage increase, go 1h-weapon spec.

They both bring about the same bonus.
_________________

Bentfork
Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:48 pm
I think what your spec is depends where you are at raid-wise. My guild is working on Hydross/VR/Lurker atm, so that is what I am looking for in my talents. Also as far as reckoning goes, do a wws stats for a raid sometime and see how much you actually get hit and then divide that by 10%. for me that is 4.6% on gruul for reckoning to proc. Not worth the 5 points anymore.

So i am looking at reducing any spell dmg i take as much as possible while maintaining a high amount of threat for add tanking or MT.

Here is what I plan on going with if the patch doesn't change again.

http://talents.utimer.ppvh.eu/?p=vt&i=41350&b=9v53050335d210252155105c50003n

We usually have one ret pally that does well in dps, so i don't need sanc crusader, i can judge wisdom instead. Love the spell hit, since I have seen from wws stats that my spells miss a lot, but the one down side that I will miss is the reduced cooldown on BOP. Got it improved for moroes in kara some months back, but I have liked it so much I haven't wanted to get rid of it. lol


So warriors get 10% less overall dmg from def stance, with another 6% less spell dmg for a total of 16% less spell dmg. Pallies get 4% less spell dmg and 6% overall less dmg for a total of 10% less spell dmg. I am gonna try the 3% chance to resist spell dmg and see how that goes. I am sure it would be handy for hydross and ssc in general.
_________________
- the Fork
Aenim
Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:50 am

So help me out here

In 2.3...

http://talents.utimer.ppvh.eu/?p=vt&i=41350&b=9v53051335d110252155105c50003n

I'll be grinding 10-mans for a bit, so I need to have kings.

My problems: It's killing me to have 1/2 spell warding and especially 0/2 Improved Judgment. So someone reassure me. Will the threat from 3/3 precision (don't have it now) make up for the less-often JoR's? And any point in there you'd switch to (or from) Spell Warding?