Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sooo... 2.3 Spec.

kalbear
Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:13 pm
Thanks. I may try that in a bit. Right now I'm not at the point where I can pull 20 at a time (5-6 is about the max) and more points is necessary. When I get to that point, reckoning will likely go to 1 point.

I think that 1 point in reckoning, 3 back in shield spec, and an extra point in spell warding or improved judgment will be the way to go. I still like the 1 point in improved judgment as it doesn't tend to interfere in the overall flow as much as 2 points did while increasing damage nicely.

I'm still not sure about PoJ. The speed boost is really nice, but it's not essential and spell warding gives more for fewer points. The real debate is whether I need imp SotC.
Thundaar
Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:37 pm
I dont agree with the mindset that reckoning is critical for grinding. About the only use I have for it are those unforunate quests where you have to dealwith one mob and you break out the two handerand pray for a reckoning proc.

In multi-mob tanking it does basically one thing: mana regen. Thats fine and all, I guess, but I found making sure i had all the points I needed in the durability dept helped aoe tank alot more than a bit more mana regen did. Esp when you start getting into larger collection of mobs and so you're constantly parrying .... thats like the swingtimer reset reckoning of old Very Happy

but of course, your mileage will vary.
Dandreai
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 pm
The new patch has clearly killed any real "cookie cutter" talent spec. It's quite obvious that you will spec yourself according to your gear.

I for one, decked in all blues, can't spec myself the same as someone in T6. You need to find what works best for you.

So far I picked the 49/12 spec, just dropping reckoning for more stam (very sorely needed at my pre-kara level).

As things progress I would love to drop 20 def and spell warding for PoJ and put 2 points in reckoning again. I need to verify this as I'm not sure, but I'd like to take 1 point out of precision to place elsewhere, assuming I receive my own racial bonus of 1% hit chance. I'd also remove 1 point from imp. judgment.

In the end, the best thing you can do is place your talents in places where it best suits you. The mold has been broken, we are now free to vary ourselves.

(Aalryn, I liked the spec you posted, I might shoot for that once I can support the def loss. Stun / knockback is a pain....
_________________