Skip to content
Maintankadin

Leapfrogging Ardent Defender

hopps
Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 pm

Re: Leapfrogging Ardent Defender

Panzerdin wrote:Rather depends how remote you like your remotes :D


I like them on a boat.


Really though, 5 pages on AD? This is like a hyjal, mid BT discussion....for those that don't run AD, grab tankadin 2, spec 3/3 and turn on the AD warnings. Come back and post in a week with how many times it saved you and whether your raid would have wiped if you died.

I saw it save me from dieing in a few progression kills in BT and Sunwell (tanking a side on M'uru without cc anyone? I had to shut off the RW because I was spamming the raid)

While its random as hell, I'll spend 3 points for a 2% chance of not dieing and not getting a kill for the night.

and speccing 2/3 AD is just like the people that specced 3/5 back in the day.
Klaudandus
Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:21 am

Re: Leapfrogging Ardent Defender

hopps wrote:Really though, 5 pages on AD?


Looks like I re-opened Pandora's box - Not really my intention tho - Like I said, my concern came from reading buncha comments on AD over at the tanking forums in wow and how many of the progression tanks were skipping it when going into ulduar.

I was gonna keep AD regardless on my main spec - my intention was to find out if there was an alternative so I could have a secondary prot spec in my 2nd talent tree - since I'm going prot/prot for my dual spec.

Truth is, like stated earlier in the thread, there is no real alternative - but I did let my mind wander wondering what other tanks had to say about it.
Seloei
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 am

Re: Leapfrogging Ardent Defender

Fact is, only a very select few bosses don't leapfrog AD in 25 man ulduar. I was using it all the time when we were there, overall... after each fight, it mitigated like 3-10k on trash and 0k on bosses (unless if i was on adds then it mitigated 1% or smth). From that point of view, that it does almost nothing to a maintank build it's useless 3 points but you still have to find those 3 points to spend somewhere.
My latest build will have 2/2 hammer of justice and 2/2 sa instead of AD, because i haven't noticed once in ulduar, where i hadn't been leapfrogged by AD or it wasn't already a wipe in progress when i died.

edit: in 10 man, yes it will probably save your life dozens of times, since the melee swings are most of the time 1/3 of what they are in 25 mans, so there it is useful. All depends which you focus on more.

edit2: The only time AD was useful was in the gauntlet on thorim, when i had to pull the 2. boss and had 1 add left on me, thats the only time AD proced and saved my life. Could of popped a healthstone/cooldown and would of had the same effect.