Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Zand
Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:41 am
I'm beginning to see Spell Warding as a pretty crappy talent.
Let's just roll it into Imp RF and give us 6% migitation to melee and 10% mitigation to spell damage.

1000 hit * 4% = 40 damage...not worth 2 talent points.

So...here's a spec idea:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIL0zMgqtVfx
dlantz
Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:27 am
10% armor is only 2-3% less damage, and that's 5 points. So Spell Warding is STILL a better payoff point for point. 4% less spell damage is a decent buff. The question being, how often does it matter? If your guild always has a warrior tank casters, then your magic damage should be limited anyway so no big deal dropping it.
Suwtoo
Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:22 pm
Not sure if it's been suggested yet, but since 5-mans are jokes now and I raid a lot, I was thinking of this:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0dMgqtV0xzb
Dropping kings because I don't need it in a 5-man and someone else will have it in a raid. At least it frees up 1 more point to float around, and I do like having reckoning, although i suppose that I can do fine without, seeing as how i don't have 90 talent points to spend >.<
_________________
ehly
Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:07 am
I've been happy with my pretty basic 0/49/12. Haven't adjusted anything in a long time. I found just having spell damage made up for the dumping 1 handed specialization. I have always run with with weapon expertise as getting hits in on raid level encounters is a bit more stable to me then a little more white damage per hits. I usually run with ~300+ spell damage in raids. VR/Kazzak I push a bit over 500.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Kael%27thas&n=Aesha

I don't really plan on making any changes to my spec when 2.3 comes out. I do have a fondness for reckoning. I might just be old-fashioned. Though according to WWS just doing Hydros adds alone last night I got 86 extra attacks, so I'm not unhappy with it at all.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
mconeone
Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:36 am
Imp JotC is too good to pass up unless you have a ret pally to do it for you. It's providing an extra 1/3 of a dpser or so. Also it is very useful if you're in a guild with a lot of tanks, 3% crit to the raid is a benefit most raid leaders would not pass up..
_________________
Worldie
Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:02 am
For long fights, usually JoW is better than that 3% crit, and the more you advance in end-game, the longer the fights get.

I've asked our GM (a rogue) which judgement he would prefer, and he said he would prefer JoW since 3% crit isn't that big thing, so i skipped Imp JotC
_________________