Skip to content
Maintankadin

Imp Judge Vs 3/5 Reck

Converse
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:51 pm

Imp Judge Vs 3/5 Reck

I have noticed alot of tankadins are going for the 3/5 reckoning apposed to the kings and Imp judgment build.

I was hoping for some feed back on how thats working out for those who have it. Do you see a noticeable boost in TPS over imp judgment?

Pre Thanks
Heavyhammer

P.S. This is for a SWP PoV please
_________________
Tzuma
Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 am
I take 3/5 Reckoning and 1/2 Improved Judgement in my 49/12 build. Ive tried other combinations, but this is by far the best for my threat/threat rotation. I *usually* take kings in my build as well. I skip spell warding.

So, I dont understand what youre spending points on that youre not able to take both. Where are you spending your points?
moduspwnens
Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 am
I recommend one point in Imp Judgement. I have 4/5 Reckoning. If you have no points in Imp Judgement, you'll only be able to fit two judgements in each Avenging Wrath, so I generally stick one in there.
_________________
Stormreaver US
Solessa
Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:36 am
I only use 1 point in reckoning and it still procs quite often. I would not give up spell warding since it is our only magic resistance besides auras.

And 2 points in imp judgement. 8 sec judgements=more threat=good
_________________

Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:02 am
2pts in imp judgement leads to collision with HS/Cons CDs, but I agree that it's nice to have it handy. But it's also the first point I sacrifice for my PoJ build.

I have 1 point in reckoning and it's up a hell of a lot. Of course, I also AoE tank a lot, so YMMV.
_________________
Zapherik
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:09 pm
I just recently went from a 47/14 build to a 51/10 spec. I dropped 2/3 PoJ and Improved Judgment and picked up 3/5 Reckoning and put 1 point into spell warding. The main reason I did this was not for the threat gain, although it is a very nice plus, but for doing my daily quests and for solo grinding reasons. I normally equip sun eater w/ mongoose and go to town on as many as I can gather. When I changed my spec I noticed a huge difference in the amount of mobs I can take on at once. I specced out of Reckoning shortly after I hit 70 mainly because of the Parrygib but I think the benefits out way the chance it may happen to me at some point. I am a firm believer that one should really try different specs and see what best fits your play style. I have never been a real fan of “cookie-cutter” builds. I always try to change a few things to fit my style of play. Sometimes it works well some times it doesn’t. One thing good about this game is that one can try whatever spec looks good on paper and if it does not work in game as well as you thought it would you can respec anytime you want. I must have changed my spec on all my toons at least a half a dozen times just to try out different things. All and all I would say give it a shot and if it is not for you then spec back to something you are comfortable with.

Zapherik
Maelstrom
Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:44 am
I'm currently using a 51/10 spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0drgqtV0x

I dropped the 2 points in improved judgement because it clashes with holy shield renewal (And a good tank will never prioritise judgement over holy shield in a standard rotation on any meaningful bosss - crushes are bad.). The spec includes all the mitigation talents and also has kings because I MT our ZA bear runs and I tend to be the only paladin in the group.

Honestly I can't say I miss the reduced judgement cooldown at all, it makes my rotation feel much more "complete" because everything comes off cooldown in a more graceful and predictable manner. Also on a dual-wielding boss like Illidan I get a lot of reckoning procs even with just 2 points in the talent, so it's pretty good value for money Smile
_________________
Torquemada
Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 am
Hi. Long time lurker. I spend most of my work time posting on the WoW forums though.

Aaaaanyway. I'm running 50/11 atm, with dropped Spell Warding, and 1/2 Imp. Judgement for 3/5 Reckoning. It's up almost constantly in MH, and a significant portion of other trash and bosses. I'm digging it.

http://www.wowdb.com/talent.aspx?id=2#::f21e2fe5f4ece7fedfef17:
_________________