Skip to content
Maintankadin

My New Healing / OT Spec (30/31/0)

sangre
Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:42 am

My New Healing / OT Spec (30/31/0)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVVhbg0hxZVGtIx0zM0o

I've respecced to this build with the following goals:

1. Being able to tank 5-man content, and sufficiently serve as an off-tank in Kara when we are short on tanks.

2. Serve as a second or raid healer in Kara and beyond. I'm not looking to be the main healer since we have sufficient priests in our setup, so basically my job involves spamming FoL for extended periods of time.

My tanking gear, with only one epic (Vambraces of Courage), currently puts me at 496 defense, 11k armor, and 9.5k health. I'm still a long way from uncrushable, sitting somewhere around 44.5% MDPB.

The only change I might make is to drop a point of Holy Power/Sanctified Light into Divine Favor, but with tanking I enjoy having the extra 1% holy crit chance. The point may come from Sanctified Light since I don't find myself using Holy Light all that often, and I'd rather have the guaranteed crit when I do.

I'd appreciate any comments or advice. I am well aware that this build does neither Tanking nor Healing as well as a focused build, but its utility is what I'm after.
Baelor
Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:27 am
I like my build for exactly the reasons you respecced to yours. Holy up to Illumination for raid healing in support, and 41 in prot for almost all the goodies, missing out only on 1H spec and the +hit.

Click on the image in my sig for a link to my armory, you can find my talent spread there. Or go to the "The Baelor Special" thread, where I've got a wowhead link.
_________________
GM of <Adaptation>
Stats below usually unbuffed w/o Devo Aura

1617 heal, 118 mp5, & 14.24% crit heal set
Thels
Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:01 am
Wouldn't something like this be better: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVVubxzhestVrth

It's more or less the build I have when I'm holy for one reason or another. In Heroics you don't need to be crush immune, so you can do without the 102.4%. Instead of pushing my gear to the max avoidance, I equip as much stamina as I can, to make it easier on my healer to heal the heavier damage that I'm taking.

It also works more or less in Karazhan. I had no problems tanking Karazhan in this spec, but then again, we just farm it.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Thels
Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:01 pm
But does a 20/41/0 build really offer stuff that the 43/18/0 build doesn't? The only real mitigation talent in there is Holy Shield, and that's only actually succesfull if you gear for crush immunity. Without Retri, getting crush immune lowers your stamina/survivability even more. I daresay you might be able to survive better with way more armor and stamina and ignoring crush immunity.

Threatwise it's laughable. The end of holy helps out a lot on threat, and Divine Int and Divine Illu even help keeping your mana pool up, so you can spam more aggro skills. Also don't forget Blessed Life. Helps quite a bit on incoming damage.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Thels
Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:23 am
Divine Favor - Holy Shock is far from a crap opener. SoR gets extra damage. You got extra mana to work with and Holy Guidance gives extra spelldamage for more aggro. I never had problems keeping the aggro with a Holy build.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Thels
Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:00 pm
True, 20/41/0 is better than 43/18/0 for tanking, but the difference ain't that big.

Me personally, if I spec to heal, I spec 43/18/0, so I'll be the best at what I specced for. If I want to be a decent tank, I spec 0/49/12 and I can still toss FoL like there's no tomorrow.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin