Skip to content
Maintankadin

Precision vs Imp HoJ, Guardian's Favor vs Spell Warding?

fuzzygeek
Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Precision vs Imp HoJ, Guardian's Favor vs Spell Warding?

Context: 5 man, heroics.

I'm more and more convinced precision really doesn't matter all *that* much; one of the things I miss the most from my tank is Concussion blow. Dropping the CD on HoJ would fill that void somewhat.

And I never took the Spell dmg reduction on my warrior either. Having a shorter CD on BoP seems like it'd be awfully convenient as an additional "taunt", but it doesn't seem like it's that big a part of the cookie cutter spec.

Am I missing something?
_________________
Honorshammer
Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:06 am
I have GF. I really like it. The short cooldown on BoP is very nice, and also the extended duration of BoF is a bonus.

The issue I have with Spell Warding, and Precision is you can't SEE them working. The log doesn't tell you how much damage was absorbed or whether you hit because you had precision or just dumb luck.

I do have Spell Warding in my build. I don't have Precision or Improved Hammer of Justice.

If the mob is stunnable (Heroic trash) I usually drop a HoJ on my target. My Holy Paladin healer friend likes to do the same. Its a nice damage reduction (0 damage for 6 seconds).

Feel free to look at my build if you want. Its something of a PVE Tank / PVP Healer compromise so I can do Arena's for the mace.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
fuzzygeek
Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 am
I guess it'll matter less when they fix BoP so it's not castable on others while you're CCed. But maybe it's worthwhile for an extra fear break.

Hmm. Only one way to find out I guess.

Precision states it's chance to hit with melee, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect AS at all. I like using HoJ to stun a mob in cons; I'm still building aggro on it while decreasing the amount of incoming damage I'm taking. On a 7+ mob pull it makes things easier for a healer.

On my tank I used to use it to stun a 4th mob while I sundered or shield slammed other things in a multi mob pull; this was just to protect the healer while I established aggro. On a tankadin, it's to protect myself (and by extension the party).
_________________
fuzzygeek
Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:04 pm
WTF. I spec'ed out of precision and now AS seems to miss pretty frequently.

I know it's got to be confirmation bias ... but ... yeeech.
_________________