Skip to content
Maintankadin

What spec are you using for soloing Stratholme and above?

Bk992004
Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 pm

What spec are you using for soloing Stratholme and above?

I'm thinking I should put some stuff down into ret but I don't know how far I should go... I could go all ret, I guess, but does killing a few things really fast work better than larger pulls as prot?
_________________
Bereid
Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:35 pm
but wouldn't you be able to pull more thus killing faster as prot? My prot gear is horrible, 9k hp 1900 AP with might and 28% crit, so i seriously doubt i could clear that place faster than specing prot since my prot gear is alot better.
_________________

Majiben
Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:42 pm
If you are farming the baron's mount then the point is to skip as much trash as you can safely.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
CKaz
Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:41 am
at what level does this [whole instance] open up would you say (as Prot)?

I'm 65 now and did the front solo rather easily a couple levels back, can I go the distance? Any other nice juicy suggestions for the up and coming?
_________________
Kracus
Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:23 am
The only issue I had was dealing with the spider mobs and spider boss. That web needs to be on some kind of cool down. And if it is, a longer one.

And this is particular to the bottom of the stairs to the spider boss, right at the corner when you are heading to him/her. I get webbed, he runs and potentially aggros more and the necromancers start draining my mana and health to restore theirs.

Haven't tried while in ret gear, but my friend who was doing it as ret could 2-3 shot the spider.
_________________

Your mom is a 6 pull.
Kracus
Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am
For farming cloth I wouldn't bother opening the gate to undead side, the initial areas have plenty of mobs and 80-90% of them are all melee, no silence, no mana drain, no trapping, no anti-magic or bone shields.
_________________

Your mom is a 6 pull.
moduspwnens
Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:13 pm
Crypt Crawlers silence and root.
Crypt Beasts root, but don't silence.
Rockwing Screechers fear and DPS from range, but the other gargoyles do not.
Thuzadin Necromancers have a powerful health drain. Be sure it gets dispelled.

The other trash is pretty trivial. I use a standard prot spec, cause I deleted my Ret gear.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Rena
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 am
I've been goin' ret and clearing Strat very fast. around 10-15mins per run. Still no mount Sad
Majiben
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 am
The root+silence can be avoided if you use HoF premptively.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
amunstorr
Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:42 am
well since the fancy 3.0.2 , ret is the way to go, providing good gear and level 70 you will tear through strat easily.
...fior me i would use prot because of the abilityies against undead and demons,. idk.... i would farm the whole instance tho.
_________________
Venoseth
Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:27 am
I've been soloing BF/Ramps/UB/SP pretty easily as Ret. Strath can't really be harder than that, is it? Use your abilities properly, with an understanding of what's in the pull, and you can do a lot as Prot or Ret.
_________________
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."