Skip to content
Maintankadin

Level 80 Specs and 2 extra talent points

Petrus
Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Level 80 Specs and 2 extra talent points

After looking at the many options for specs in Wrath, I think I'm going to go with this. I expect a lot of the rest of you will have something very similar.

The remaining question, however, is where the last two talent points end up. It's 5/58/6 right now with two to spare, but there are only a few options from which to pick. What would you do with those final two talent points?
_________________
Newcarsmell
Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:26 pm
Lol yay I have first vote. I'd say go with Heart of the Crusader because provided that you don't have another ret pally (since I assume it doesn't stack) that extra crit will up DPS raid wide, it will up your threat on a very small scale. The other option being Unyielding Faith, which i'd say is rather useless. Divine Guardian is liked by some. personally I am not one of them.
_________________
xstrykr
Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 pm
Divine Guardian for me.
_________________

rickforking
Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:22 am
Divine Guardian may be situational, but it's INCREDIBLY powerful in those situations...particularly if you are 50/50 OTing to MTing, like a lot of tank groups do now. But it's even useful when you are MTing under certain circumstances. Ex: I MT Illidan, then use Divine Guardian during the Flames of Azzinoth. 12 seconds of easy mode. Or MTing Hexx Lord, while he is doing spirit bolts, he isnt attacking you, thus bubbling doesn't drop aggro. 30% reduction on those plus shadow resist aura makes them nearly unnoticable. MTing Bloodbloil, bubble right when fel rage hits...complete 12 second easy mode FR healing.

Those are just instances of it being useful when you are main tanking. Off tanking, there are a TON more.
marsbubble
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:08 pm
<3 HoJ. Comes in handy so many times. its like a mini-DS or a handy heal interrupt.
Mazater
Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:39 am
I'll be rollin' with this
No kings just because I'm selfish and arrogant bastard who doesn't give a birds ass about the rest of the raidgroup and I assume every holy paladin to spec it.

And I also like the 7% added crit (10% if there's no retridins in the raid)
_________________
Lucislasus
Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:54 am
I think I'll go with Reckoning or HoJ. Depends on what content I play.
_________________
Kierna
Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:45 pm
Based on the figures I've been playing around with, going with conviction (with or without kings) is better threat than SotP.

My preferred spec would include imp HoJ:
Hammer of Justice Spec

However for raiding I'll probably go with:
5/5 Kings
or
3/5 Kings
_________________
Lumenos
Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 am
If ret isn't taking Kings at lvl 80, they're taking pvp talents that are unnecessary for raiding. When the dual spec system is implemented I'll be prot/ret with 0/10/61 as my ret build.

What I'm wondering is, when the dual spec system goes into place, if you'll be able to Kings the raid as ret, then switch your spec back to prot and have the buffs stay in effect.
_________________