Skip to content
Maintankadin

Eye for an Eye vs. Crusade

Veilan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am

Eye for an Eye vs. Crusade

Hello folks,

let me jump right in with my first question.

Apparently, I went down the retribution tree for the parry, mana and threat generation: Ythalaine, Die Aldor

My question is, and it really is only about this aspect... at 80, should I go for 2 eye for an eye / 1 crusade, or 3 crusade?

My profession: theorycraft isn't that high, so I'm not entirely sure about the eye for an eye mechanics - it still procs even with crit immunity, if the hit would have been a crit under normal circumstances?

I'm basically wondering whether it's worth it in threat generation, or whether the straightforward crusade (the race limitation hardly matters, does it?) is better to go with.

Thanks for your thoughts,
_________________
Fenris
Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 am
You want to work for melee-crit immunity at 80,and mobs spells dont crit

That says how usefull E4E is for pve Wink
_________________
Veilan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:38 am
Right, regardless, an avoided crit still procs "on crit" effects (just not the plain miss chance from defense, iirc). So I was hoping someone had some more insight into the actual mechanics and comparison there.

But thanks for the info already - I didn't know mob magic couldn't crit Surprised.
Fenris
Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:44 am
The "avoided crit proc" works only for resilience-negated crits,not for defense ones afaik
_________________
Veilan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:58 pm
Ah, thanks for the useful explanation and link. I was leaning towards crusade, since 3/6% more are nothing to be looked down upon, but it never hurts to check back, especially since I didn't know the eye for an eye mechanics too well. Struck me to be more PvPy too.

Veilan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:46 pm
Shocked

Thanks, that is good to know!