Skip to content
Maintankadin

Finally

Guillex
Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:43 am

Finally

edit: Mods, I just realised that this may be posted in the wrong forum ... If it needs to go to the gear forum, please move it, my apologies for it being in the wrong place =/ . I R teh not paying attention.

So I got to respec prot last night, as we're taking a forced vacation from raiding (thank god).

I filled out the last gem slot in my leggings with an Enduring Talasite, and am now sitting at 490 defense, and something like 57 or 58% pure avoidance. I'm in the process of getting things enchanted, but I'm trying to stay away from bracer and cloak enchants for now, as I'll be putting together the mats for Green Fortress, and running SV for the cloak.

Other than replacing my Violet Signet with a Figurine of the Colossus or Adamantine Figurine, and my cloak with the Devilshark Neverdrop Cape, what else can I do for right now? Also, is there anything I can do to help my pitiful 161 +sd for AoE tanking?

I also have a "spell damage" set, but when I equip those items (ornate boots of the sanctified, D3 gloves/chest/legs, one or two other +sd items), I get around 500 or 800ish ( i know there's a big difference, but I can't remember offhand) spelldamage, but I drop to 10.4k hp and 450 defense. I know this isn't the greatest for running instances, but for aoe farming I'm not complaining.

Just looking for a bit of direction in what I should be doing, as there are a ton of options. I'm not so good at discerning what my dire needs in change are, so I thought someone would be able to point out a few things. Else I'll go back to scraping through the guides, not a problem. Smile (No Vainfae, that wasn't an invitation for you to tell me to
adese
Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:01 am
I would try to find replacements for your shoulders, helm, and boots. The DS3 shoulders are always a great option (assuming you can get them to drop). You can also consider the Fanblade Pauldrons (first boss, Heroic Auchenei Crypts) or the ones that drop off of the last boss of Heroic Sethekk Halls (name escapes me atm).

For the helm, either DS3 for more threat, or the Felsteel for mitigation/avoidance.

As for the boots...not many good options there, unfortunately. There are the Flesh Beast Metal Greaves (not sure of the exact name) from the escort quest in Mana-tombs, but if you've done that quest already there isn't much else that you can do. I used the Obsidian Clobstompers for a long time, just due to the crazy amount of stamina I could get on them until I got the Boots of Elusion in Kara.

I'm not sure how it compares to the Delicate Eternium Ring, but the ring from the last boss in Arcatraz has some very nice stats on it - stamina, dodge, and defense.

Also, your block% seems really low - if you can bump that up, you can generate much more threat from Holy Shield. It is also the cheapest way to get to uncrushable, which is also a priority.
_________________
Guillex
Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:49 pm
Little update ... I just got the Figurine of the Colossus, then went to Bot, but no shoulders... Sad

Enchanted my cloak with +12 agi. Closer, but hopefully the neverdrop cape and shoulders will come along soon.

Thanks for all your help adese. Will be there soon. Very Happy

edit: My sig hasn't updated yet. Those aren't the right values.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
adese
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:32 am
Glad to help. Smile

I found that once I got to uncrushable, gearing choices were much, much easier. Hang in there, things will get better gear wise soon. Smile
_________________
Guillex
Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:07 pm
Alright ... Almost at uncrushable, but seeing as I'm not a number cruncher, I just want to throw this to you guys out there...

Will swapping out the following bring me to uncrushable?

Mithril-Bark Cloak -> Devilshark Cape

Doomplate Shoulderguards -> Spaulders of the Righteous

Libram of Repentance

I'm trying to stay away from the Bracers of the Green Fortress for right now, as I'm still kinda poor. Sad

Also, if you see anything gimped, can you point it out? Thanks.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Blaen99
Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:42 pm
Mithril Bark Cloak is terrible.

Go get a Cloak of Eternity. It's crafted and XXXX-tra cheap.

Get the socket bonus on your bracers. IIRC, it's yellow, which means 9 sta and 4 defense vs. 12 sta - 4 defense is definitely worth more than 3 sta.

You SoB, you got Moroes' belt. I have killed him for MONTHS and haven't seen it drop once - ever.

Get exalted with lower city ASAP. The mace from it is an ungodly tank weap (I'm Horde, I don't have SoV, it's better than the Stormcaller/Honor Hold equivalent and Continuum Blade for threat.)

Replace Gauntlets of Righteousness for Felsteel gloves ASAP. Gauntlets of Right blow unless you also have the spaulders - 2-piece Right is very very nice.
_________________
Guillex
Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:17 pm
Nice last quote? lol
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint