Skip to content
Maintankadin

Holy Tanking Spec

Fynn
Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:53 am

Holy Tanking Spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVxhbtzheoZV0thhZV0x

This is the spec Im planning to try soon.
I got Light's grace for reduced casting and holy shock as my snap aggro instead of AS. I have imp lay on hands as a panic button of sorts. I figured it will give me another 6% damage reduction when used.
What do you guys think? I've been wanting to put 2/2 on imp blessing of wisdom but im not sure which to get. I maximized all my crits and healing talents since I will lost Holy Guidance but my healing gear has improved so it should cover it.

Opinions for both tanking and healing pls?
jere
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:26 am
Since you aren't going for holy shield, you will be crushable, so I wouldn't worry about the points in the Ret tree as much. I would finish off Anticipation so reaching uncritable is easier for ya (opens up gearing options), and get Blessed Life. The last few points I would put in Shield Spec and Spell Warding for some more damage reduction, but those 5 points can be moved anywhere if you like.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVxhbtzhesZV0tIx0b
_________________
Fynn
Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:27 pm
Im not trying to reach uncrushable. Im putting some parry cuz its straight up avoidance. Think its 2-3 pts in anticipation equals 1 parry. This is really more for tanking heroics.

But I do like your idea of getting spell warding=D

To LORE:
How is his healing though?
Lore
Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:44 pm
His healing's fine, all he's really missing is Divine Illumination which is nice but not a huge deal.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Fynn
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 am
What about this?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxhbtzhesZV0thZV0x

I just moved the 3 pts in Anticipation to Blessed life since it works with spells too and 3 pts in anticipation is about 1.44% avoidance and 0.12% block. If I can get uncrittable then it shouldnt be a prob I think.

Which do you think is better:

1.44% avoidance and 0.12% block rating?

- OR -

10% chance to receive 1/2 damage?
Lore
Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:32 am
Decent, if you're getting Redoubt you really want Shield Spec though, otherwise it's not nearly as effective.
_________________
Me, LOL!