Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dropping JotJ

Yendòriik
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Dropping JotJ

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAcuMteIRhots00b

Have not done this yet, so this post is simply for sake of argument. I'm not sure I totally understand the real value of JotJ. Seems like slowing melee 20% even on bosses is just not that big a deal? Maybe I am stark raving mad but it seems the build above would be effective, plus I really enjoy the crits from HotC and JotP is icing on the cake. The fact that we have somewhat effective dps now makes me want to push it as much as I can and keep all essential tankadin talents. I won't get into King's since it has been discussed at length; bottom line is I NEVER cast it on myself.

*please excuse my sig, I have not updated it in awhile (tried today but servers down)*
_________________
Maethoriel
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 pm
Not taking JoJ is wrong.
_________________
Dark Severance
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 pm
It is a great ability. Warriors have Thunderclap which makes one of the few options they have over Paladins to help mitigate damage. By slowing their attacks you are slowing the damage you are taking, thus mitigating damage you take. This is what basically lets us be like them except its more effective and single target though, unlike their aoe version.
_________________
Argali
Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:33 pm
The only reason to drop JotJ is when you have another person applying the same debuff. JotJ,TC, Infected Wounds, Frost Fever with Imp.Icy Touch don't stack.
_________________
Holyday
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:45 pm
bad idea imo.
_________________
theothersteve7
Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:56 pm
I recommend dropping Seals of the Pure. Very overrated talent. At 80 seals are pretty pathetic.
_________________
Erendis
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 am
Pretty much the best mitigation talent in our tree. Not taking it is just plain dumb.
_________________

Yendòriik
Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 am
Cool, thanks guys, like I said in OP I had not made the change in spec yet. Was just looking for anyone that thought it was a good/decent idea. Seems unanimous, which is what I suspected... Smile
_________________
Churam
Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:35 am
I must say that actually I'm not that impressed by JofJ. The fact is for me most bosses from heroic or 10 men raids, arre immune to those effect and this is from a long time ago.

I've nerver seen any debuff (ThunderClap, JofJ or Desecration) appearing on any boss. The last bosses I've seen with this debuff was old timer Malchazar in Kz.

I've long removed it from my template since I prefer to take Kings to be sure. Benediction is more like a faming tool, and I must say I was like I don't know where to put my last 4 points, reducing mana cost is good.

On raid boss and sometimes on trashes, I'm out of mana in the middle of long fights which isn't a good thing. Benediction reducing the cost of HS is quite a viable choice for me.
_________________
Gamingdevil
Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:53 am
The debuff from JotJ doens't show up because there is none, it's part of the judgement debuff. It definately works on bosses though, it's the reason we got a talent like this.

TC is there, but there are a lot of prot warriors that slack into getting it into their rotation, especially when we're around and apply it as part of our rotation.

You will indeed find most bosses to be immune to Desecration as it only reduces movement speed, which they are immune for. Frost Fever should show up though.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.