Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

Palmela
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

With every spec I see here it shows 2/2 imp judge, now why would we do this, i know it doesnt necessarily mess up the 96969 but is it just for lack of better options? I could see dropping a point from that and convic for having 4/5 convic and 2/2 PoJ? Anyone have a clear answer on this?
Jasari
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

Try to get to the 3rd tier talents in the ret tree.

Do you have your answer?
Dorvan
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

Generally it's either 2/2 Imp Judge or a point in Benediction to move down the tree. Neither is particularly helpful, so people go either way on that one.
Palmela
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

Jasari wrote:Try to get to the 3rd tier talents in the ret tree.

Do you have your answer?


Didnt even think about that, thanks.
halojones
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 am

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

5/5 Defelection
1/5 Benediction
1/2 Imp Judge
3/3 HotC
5/5 Conviction
3/3 Crusade

I may well be way off base here, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'/m wrong, but surely moving 1 point out of ImpJ into Benediction is the way forward, Slight reduction in mana cost is a positive, right? to maintain the purity of 96969.
Majiben
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:22 am

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

You're wrong. 2/2 imp judgements does not do anything to disturb the 96969 rotation since you are GCD dead locked into it. 2/2 imp judgement means you can have more mitigation on trash when using LoO.
Jasari
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

halojones wrote:5/5 Defelection
1/5 Benediction
1/2 Imp Judge
3/3 HotC
5/5 Conviction
3/3 Crusade

I may well be way off base here, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'/m wrong, but surely moving 1 point out of ImpJ into Benediction is the way forward, Slight reduction in mana cost is a positive, right? to maintain the purity of 96969.


The thing is that a 2nd point in imp Judgement or a point in benediction are both pretty useless since you can only judge once every 9 seconds in most cases, and you're probably not going to go oom regardless of what you have in benediction.

I went the benediction route, but honestly the judgement route probably has more use - for when you're AOE tanking and want to have a higher uptime on LoO
Bozie
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

Would this be viable? or is losing 2 crit to much.

5/5 Defelection
2/2 Imp Judge
3/3 HotC
3/5 Conviction
2/2 PoJ
3/3 Crusade
theckhd
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

Bozie wrote:Would this be viable? or is losing 2 crit to much.

5/5 Defelection
2/2 Imp Judge
3/3 HotC
3/5 Conviction
2/2 PoJ
3/3 Crusade

This is probably how I'll be respeccing this evening. So far, I've found that mobility is pretty useful in Ulduar, but threat hasn't been an issue.

I may move the 2nd point from Imp Judge to Benediction though. I'm finding that my initial impression of the DP mechanic was correct - I don't like it, because I keep forgetting to cast it. ;)

Imp judge would be better for prot pvp though. But any time i go to WG I'm dual-speccing over to Ret anyway for the big numbers.
neokai
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Why 2/2 Imp Judge now?

theckhd wrote:5/5 Defelection
2/2 Imp Judge
3/3 HotC
3/5 Conviction
2/2 PoJ
3/3 Crusade
This is probably how I'll be respeccing this evening. So far, I've found that mobility is pretty useful in Ulduar, but threat hasn't been an issue.

I may move the 2nd point from Imp Judge to Benediction though. I'm finding that my initial impression of the DP mechanic was correct - I don't like it, because I keep forgetting to cast it. ;)

Imp judge would be better for prot pvp though. But any time i go to WG I'm dual-speccing over to Ret anyway for the big numbers.


Mobility is an issue, especially with the initial impressions of the Seige area (god those arenas are huge). 2nd point of imp judge or benediction is pretty much flavor depending on you.

There is however, no excuse not to have DP up, configure dotimer or any cd mod to track it if you have to. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. -3% all damage on top of your BoSanc is godly, Deconstructor was hitting for 20k each melee, every % of mitigation you can squeeze out helps.