Skip to content
Maintankadin

Precision or PoJ in 2.3 49/12

Lightbeard
Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:43 am

Precision or PoJ in 2.3 49/12

Which would be better in a 49/12 or 46/15 build cant decide

Also remind me of the PoJ changes
Levantine
Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:46 am
In 2.3 PoJ will increase your speed by 5/10/15 as well as reducing your chance to be hit by spells by 1/2/3.

Normally, I'd jump on that, but Precision is getting buffed too. Now that it includes spellhit, I'm inclined to keep it and stay 49/12.
_________________
Sakin
Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:56 am
same goes for me, I wanted PoJ but when they changed precision Im going for it again
_________________
Aalryn
Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:13 am
Precision is definitely the better talent, pick that one up. Is there no way that you can pick up both talents?

my gear allows me to completely drop anticipation as I am at 516 defense currently without it. I'm going to be using http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIM0dMgqtVbx0b as my talent build (extra free point in 3/3 PoJ).

PoJ may not be the BEST talent, but it's the only one in that tree that saves me time IRL hehe =D
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Utena
Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 am
I concur with Tiandelin's build.

In 2.3, there's just no room for Reckoning anymore -- and that ~5% threat lost from Reckoning is made up with the +3% hit/+3% spell hit with Precision.
_________________
Grigsby
Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:53 pm
I farm just fine without having reckoning -

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Feathermoon&n=Grigsby

I use Ret Aura, BoSAC, Holy Shield, and pop My Trinkets when I need to Gain Health back.

I also have bubble heal, and a myriad of other tricks to keep me alive if needed.

Case in point - Ruins of Ba'ari in Shadowmoon Valley, had an AOE pull that lasted 10 minutes plus because of runners aggroing others. The only pots that I had to drink were mana (Like normal) and only had to bubble heal once.
Drusus
Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:15 pm
I'm considering dropping reckoning as it never procs anymore because i never get hit-_-. Plus when it does proc I'm 40k hreat ahead of the highest on omen.

I know I shouldn't say this, but I want POJ for the movement speed, for me the 3% is a very nice bonus.
_________________

Zhalseran
Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:19 pm
It's fine to want PoJ for the movement speed IMO. Its handy to have. While the same logic does not apply to tanks, I believe that the math for melee DPS shows that when choosing a meta gem, one with a run speed increase will be universally better on any fight in which you spend more than 4 seconds running (per attack). So run speed has it's advantages statistically as well
_________________
enbee
Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:57 pm
I'm dropping spellwarding and kings, 46/15, just torn over PoJ vs jotc, since I use jol/jow way more often then jotc
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!