Skip to content
Maintankadin

When to drop Reckoning

jschildress
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:48 am

When to drop Reckoning

Ok, I know in real endgame Reckoning becomes far less valuable, enspecially with Weapon Expertise. My question is this, when leveling, when should one drop it? Assuming level 20 right now - Should I keep it until 70 then drop it? When I hit heroics? Raids? Thanks!
Worldie
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:03 am
Keep it until you are 70. Maybe wait until you have a decent spelldamage weapon or until you need more HP before dropping it.
_________________

Grigsby
Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 am
Well, from what I was reading, and I was using Reckoning while MTing Kara,

When you start getting Raid Level bosses, you will want to drop Reckoning.

Basically, when one of your attacks gets parried, the next swing by the boss come almost twice as fast, which makes it harder to stay alive and to keep healers alive.

Now that I am MTing Raids, I got rid of Reckoning and haven't looked back. I still miss it a little on AOE Farming, but other than that, it's no good to me.
Lanicus
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 am
Hi, new Paladin tank here - just hit 70 2 days ago.

Can you recommend a talent spec that takes advantage of the 2.3 HP buff without sacrificing reckoning? I do not think I'm ready to remove reckoning just yet, but I want to take advantage of +HP for sure.
_________________
Waramir
Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:58 pm
wouldn´t it be wiser to drop Toughness rather than dropping anticipation?

or maybe go 2 in Toughness and 3 in Anti? i personally believe that losing 20 Defense Skill (which if my memory serves me right equals about 45 - 50 Defense Rating).

So with 3 in Anticipation reaching 490 Def is still easily achievable.

thoughts on this???

I love reckoning so im still trying to figure out a way of keeping in come 2.3 without gimping my tanking.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:07 pm
Thoughtness is a wonderful talent that scales with gear. It's nowhere worth dropping it.
_________________

kalbear
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:52 am
I'm dropping shield spec. Shield spec is great but not that big a deal pre-raid, especially when you're not using HS all the time anyway. From the cookiecutter build I'll be dropping shield spec and spell ward. I may put the points back in spell ward; right now I'm leaning towards 1 point in improved judgment and 1 point in spell warding.

When I start raiding I'll likely go back to shield spec, but right now the gear just doesn't support it. Approx 30 damage prevented per block is just not that special.
Zeels
Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:44 am
I really don't miss reckonning at all. IMO Drop it and take precision and spellwarding.
_________________