Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sooo... 2.3 Spec.

Ulushnar
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 am

Sooo... 2.3 Spec.

I'm currently leaning towards this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMgqtVbx

Still a relatively conservative 0/49/12 spec. Much as I'd love to try out Improved Seal of the Crusader, giving the rest of the raid 3% crit chance by sacrificing 1H spec seems like a recipe for disaster. And it honestly wasn't worth giving up Precision since a resisted Taunt in the first boss fight in ZA = death.
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

Agarwaen
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 am
Same one fits for me.
_________________
Igrado
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:30 am
yeah I think I'll do the same. I'm a bit worried about not having reckoning though for AOE grinding
Cimzar
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:40 am
I did almost exactly the same spec, except I went with 2/3 Imp SotC over Imp Judgement. I figure giving the entire raid an extra 2% crit is better than me judging slightly faster, and applies even when I am offtanking or dps'ing.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:52 am
That's definitely looking like the new cookie cutter build... I like mine cause it's different...cookies r fattening.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Aalryn
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:20 am
This is my build: No need for anticipation. Two points in reckoning for aoe pulls, but little enough to not have to worry about the proc on bosses. Stoicism to give some protection against knockdowns etc.

I've been running it on test and have been loving the results.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIM0zrgqtVbx0h


why no imp jotc? we run with a ret paladin in raid.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
khash
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 am
after much internal debate i finally decided on
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0dMGqtVbx0h

46/15 for max mitigation/mobility at the cost of 2% threat and kings (i havent missed kings in months as plenty of other pallies in the raid to cover it)
_________________
Allia
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:59 am
I need your opinion on this one:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0drgqtV0x0h

I mainly tank in normal 5-man (maybe heroic in the near future).
I love to aoe tank and I do some pvp on the side (node defense and flag running). I'm not planning on tanking in raid anytime soon.
Aalryn
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:48 am
I must say that my favorite thing about this patch is that there is no longer a cookie cutter spec. Variety between equally effective builds is something that paladins havent had in a long time.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
Divineseal
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:12 am
After much debate I think I'm gona go with this spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZxhthx0dMgqtVbx0h

The reason being, Redoubt has always been virtually useless once you hit end-game tanking. I've been using devo aura on bosses more and the imp devo aura should just about cancel the loss from imp shield spec because I've got very little block value anyways. This allows me to keep all the old core talents and still get PoJ.

Just my 2 Copper.
_________________
Level 70 Blood Elf Protection Pally on Deathwing