Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3 spec: 3/5 Reckoning vs. 3/3 Precision

Ayasune
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 am

2.3 spec: 3/5 Reckoning vs. 3/3 Precision

Hm, thinkin about this all day. I'm goin to spec 0/49/12 again, missing 5 points for Combat Expertise. Now there's one choice: 3/5 reckoning or 3/3 precision, both focusing on single target aggro management.

I personally use the Hammer of Judgement, having a 1,80 Attack speed.
Im still wondering, what would bring me more effort: 6% chance of reckoning considering 3/5, oder having 3% Hit.

Any Ideas or Math about it?
_________________
Ulushnar
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:47 am
What's your combined dodge/miss/parry like? If you're in T6 level gear, I think the amount of avoidance hurts the usefulness of Precison.
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

Ayasune
Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 am
Hm, I'm note likely too nice geared, my hard avoidance Parry/Dodge/Miss should be fully buffed about 45% or kinda that.

Unbuffed -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Rajaxx&n=Ayasune

Even with pretty high avoidance, i should get much more extra swings having 6% chance of reckoning than having hits due to 3% hit, thats what i guess at this time.
_________________
Gerilith
Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:32 am
Just improvising:

Chance to meleehit (on bosses)
1-(0.16-0.25*expertise)-(0.06-0.25*expertise)-(0.09-hit), where all brackets are >= 0

Chance to proc of 3/5 Reckoning
(1*)(total Avoidance)*0.06

Percentage of swings where Reck willl be active
..erm...[attackspeed of mob]*[chance to procc]/60 is the time it is active per minute
[weaponspeed]/60 is the number of swings per minute
The problem is, that depending on you weapon speed you will not be able to consume all charges which forces me to do a case discrimination and I do not have the time for this now Wink

So that's just the beginning.

If I add the fact that pecision does give spellhit, I'd say it's better, but the mathematical evidence would take too much time atm.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.