Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tankadin, with a dash of PVP Spec....LF

Renshai
Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:48 pm

Tankadin, with a dash of PVP Spec....LF

Anyone recommend, a good solid Tanking spec, that can be used fairly well in BG's...not so much Arena..

I can say that, this is prolly normal, Locks eat me alive currently..But I am also wondering if its possible to simply slap on some nice Arena Season 1 gear and a nice 2 hander, or nice 1 hander and shield and go to town that way as DPS modde?

I tank 5mans, heroic mainly. I like to PvP when Im not tanking. So looking for a spec and answer to the gear question.

Thanks in advance
Worldie
Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:15 pm
I think you might try slapping some healer gear and go "shockadin" due to the new healing -> spelldam conversion.

Even you might get that horrible libram that adds Resilience when you use Holy Shield.

You might then get a good healing spec that also can deal some damage through JoR+Avenger Shield, and will be hard as hell to kill for a dual wielder melee.


Basically use your regular cookie-cutter tanking spec, but use healing gear with high resilience to make up for lack of avoidance on it.
_________________

corc
Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:35 pm
cant really be a "shockadin" without the holy"shock" can you? Razz
_________________
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
Myotis
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:35 am
You can be a "judgeadin".
_________________
Aarek
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:43 am
You could be a Captain Americadin, and just stack spell damage and stamina and try and wtfpwn people with huge shield throws and holy shield spam vs any melee. Casters are gonna give ya trouble without a lot of burst though.

When I PVP I usually just run around with ret gear on even without the spec and back when I had reckoning prayed for procs. Now, I just pray for crits.
_________________
Aarek - 70 Blood Elf Paladin - Lightning Hoof
Zhalseran
Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:07 pm
I generally just heal in BGs. If I am determined to do damage I throw on a mix of my spell damage gear and my healing gear and randomly judge things and throw shields at people.
_________________
Aleriya
Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:36 pm
20/41 is a lot of fun in battlegrounds.

Oh look, two rogues snuck up from behind to gank the healer! And . . . the healer destroys them.

Even better if you can find a cloth dress to prance around in. It's like taunt for rogues.
_________________