Skip to content
Maintankadin

Living with PoJ, thoughts after 2 weeks.

Coristad
Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:54 pm

Living with PoJ, thoughts after 2 weeks.

Build is in my sig, but basically I dropped spell warding and 1 point from 1-H spec to try out Pursuit of Judgement. My feelings are mixed...

On one hand, the extra mobility is nice. It's tough to point to a specific place where the extra 15% is nice (Maybe giving me another 1 second response for Solarian?), but it does seem nice to be able to get into position rapidly.

On the downside, it took some adjustment. My GL is coming around to tankadins, and he let me be on Maulgar. First pull, lock is loose and I get death coiled, Maulgar pwns the Krosh tank, wipe. Second pull, Judgement resisted, Maulgar pwns the Krosh tank, wipe. Third pull, I'm getting Maulgar into position, I'm getting beat on, get hit by a fireball (!), go down. Guildleader :"lolpallytanks, let's get the druid in there". I mention that at least one of those was not my fault, so I get another chance. Repeat of third try. We put the druid in, I tank blind eye, and we beat the encounter. Neutral

As it turns out, I was beating the mage pulling-fireball by about half a second. I watched Krosh pop his shield, then the fireball hit him. It took me a little while to figure out what was actually happening, but I was running in when my GL said "go", and not compensating for the fact that I needed to go just a little bit later.

So, I'm still undecided on the talent overall. I have found that I don't miss the 1% from 1HS-- I think the extra spell damage that got folded into JotC compensated for this, so if you're looking for a point to steal, I think you can safely go there.
_________________
Biscotti
Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:47 am
Just an aside relating to the Maulgar fight, why isn't your guild getting a hunter to misdirect to the MT? Saves a lot of random chances of the pull going wrong & the MT doesn't have to worry about positioning.
Vanifae
Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:03 am
I have not picked up PoJ yet, it just does not seem like a strong tanking talent to me, besides the movement buff.

I got along just fine before though so eh.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Worldie
Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:20 am
I picked PoJ just to speed up corpseruns.

However i'm finding it nice in every mobility fight. 15% is way more noticeable than the old 8%
_________________

Suikano
Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:48 am
It's frickin fast. I'm escaping bad situations easily.
_________________
Kitria
Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:58 am
I'm not noticing it in combat as much as I thought I would. While I'm sure it's helping some, I just can't see it. (if/when I spec out of PoJ it'll prolly be noticeable, but only after that nice little respec fee ><).
_________________
Brute
Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:02 am
I picked it up on my lvl 24 ret pally. Its awesome for that.
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute]
Neuron
Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:31 am
It is not really a tanking talent.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
Zhalseran
Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:05 am
same thing happend last time I did him. It was real fun meleeing him for 5 seconds while cloak was up.
_________________
Thundaar
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:24 am
I'm actaully enjoying PoJ very much. The run speed os more of a nice bonus As I've got the "pull with heals" trick down pretty good when it comes ot solarian, tidewalker, etc ... but % to resist is extremely noticable for me. Last night we were plaing around with Void Reaver and I was asked to heal so our ret pally who was heling through alar could DPS some. Not only was it nice for orb dodging, but the one orb I did get hit by got full resisted.
YoYoMa
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 am
I spec'd into it at 2.3 but it sort of seems like a "nice to have" talent so far. Running back after wiping and passing people is sure fun, but I can't say it's really contributed to the raids at all. I'll probably be dropping it soon and seeing how i'm only 2/5 in AD I'll just dump those 3 back into that talent.
Neuron
Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:13 pm
While I understand how you could use it as a tanking talent, this is a PVP talent to help counter the fact that paladins don't have any type of charge. This talent is basically an anti-caster talent because it generally reduces the damage you take and how easily paladins can be kited. It is not a tanking talent.

Edit: The points you spend it would be much better spent in Precision, One Handed Weapon Specialization, Reckoning, or Improved Judgement and so on.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.