Skip to content
Maintankadin

Looking for a good Holy/Prot build

Seals
Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 am

Looking for a good Holy/Prot build

My guild really doesn't know what to do with me. I MT Kara and ZA. I OT in SSC/TK sometimes, but mostly I heal there. Before 2.3 hit, I had a beautiful 20/41/0 spec that let me MT, MH, *and* PvP heal all in the same build! Too good to last, I know.

Then 2.3 comes along, Prot gets a shot in the arm, and all of a sudden I need to fit 5 more points into the Prot tree for CE.

Some notes about my gear:

My healing gear is full-T4 level, with a couple of Arena bits thrown in (weapon, neck, rings, etc.)

My tanking gear is in the same situation. I also have a couple of the new ZA pieces. I'm uncrushable without Deflection.

I have no problem with respeccing to fit the needs of whatever it is I'm going to be doing that day. The problem there is that my guild likes to switch up my role mid-instance. We'll be in SSC, and all of a sudden it's "Seals, throw on a shield, you're tanking some trash," or "Seals, you can handle Lurker's 2nd island all by yourself, right?" Or in ZA, I'll tank the gauntlet on the way to Eagle, and then have to switch to healing the prot warrior (who can't do anything else Razz).

This is the build I was thinking of for those nights.. The problem? Ditching Illumination hurts. It hurts bad.

Any suggestions for improvement on this build?
Hairlock
Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:36 am
I have been tinkering with a similar build, but I would move some points around:

1) Spiritual Focus -> Imp. Seal of Righteousness, because Spirital focus is only good for PvP or 5-mans when someone is banging on you while healing, but ImP SR gives you a nice threat boost.

2) I would try to fit in Imp. LoH with 2 points and remove Aura mastery, it would make your ohh shit button so much better.

other than that it looks like a solid build.
kalbear
Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 am
Okay, sorry, misread the 20/41 build.

I don't know if those points in holy are really worth it. Do they help heal that much more? I mean, if you're going to go that way I'd rather just go for illumination, drop 1hws, and go with improved SoR over spiritual focus. You might lose out in PvP a bit but you'd be a better healer, marginally.

I still think you'll be an okay healer even without that. For paladins it seems like healing is about gear. If you focus on more mp5 and +healing and less +spell crit, you should be okay.