Skip to content
Maintankadin

How hard could it be...?

Pillar
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:18 am
just wanted to say thanks for the help/advice. I have improved my gear with some of that listed in the last week.

- Spaulders of the Righteous dropped for me first time I ran Bot. Was very happy.in addition to defense gained (i had pvp shoulders up to this point, this also gave me set piece for the righteous armor, meaning 15% less cost of consecration
- Saved up and bought mats for Bracers of the Green Fortress, and paid someone to make it for me. Very pleased, especially once i got it enchanted with +12 stamina
- swapped out my contiuum blade for crystalforged sword, and added spell damage enchant to it.
- enchanted shield with +18 stamina

now at 494 defense, 11.8k unbuffed hp. very happy!
_________________
Bettiepage
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:22 pm
My first Heroic was Slave Pens, I had about ~175ish Spelldamage, 10.5k Stam and ~6k mana at the time. Your DPS members need to hold back on opening up so you have enough agg/threat lead on the mobs. I have run SP 5 times and saved enough Badges of Justace to get the Librum (the name escapes me atm), now I am stepping it up to Underbog, Ramps and Steamvaults in the same day.
As said before, most of the time it is your group make up that can make or brake your run. I like having 2 forms of CC, Mage Sheep/Pig and either Hunter for Frost Trap or Rogue for Sap. I had a rude awakening when I tried Heroic Mech when it was the daily. I did fine untill the Defenders. Nobody but me could Inturrupt the charged fists, so I got my face smashed in. It was very frustrating, and one of the grp members told me I needed more Epics. Crying or Very sad
So, my advice would be to start small, run the normal Dungeons for the drop gear as posted in the Gear forum stickies, then try for the easy heroics, you may have to do them over and over again until you are so sick of them you have to run them again to get the required badges for the items you want and get that Defense rating or that Stamina level you desire for the next level of heroics (maybe even Kara?). Best of luck to you, Cheers.
_________________
I am the arm of the Light in battle. I know my path, can you say the same?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Bettiepage