Skip to content
Maintankadin

Bubbling through Pyro

Lalecize
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:28 pm
Strange I have bubbled through it on every run standing in melee range as soon as I notice he is casting it and not had a problem!
_________________


See my blog - http://sealofrogueshness.blogspot.com
Sysse
Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 pm
He will change target if you bubble during the cast, the pyro however, is aimed at you, and will hit you.
_________________
Lookit
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:44 pm
I've tanked heroic MgT probably 12 or so times, and my experience has always been the same: if I bubble while he's casting pyroblast, it will hit someone else. However, it's fairly easy to just start strafing away from him the moment he begins casting it, and then bubble after it leaves his hands. That has worked for me every time. Forewarn your dps that they should interrupt his next fireball after the pyro, as that will most likely be aimed at someone else.

Also, is he immune to taunt? I thought I got the immune message the last time I tried to taunt him.
_________________
Dunkan
Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:21 pm
Last night i always got my bubble on time for the first pyro, but the shield was on CD for the second.

We were always at 60ish % for the second bubble. What gives? If i am reading right, that should not have happened that way.
_________________
Aggramar EU

Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Cosmoz
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:45 pm
if you get decent dps, he will be below 50% hp befor he even starts casting pyro, witch results in phase 2, and he wont cast pyro at all.
_________________
Dorvan
Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:16 pm
Yeah, it's hard for me to fathom getting to Kael in H MgT and DPS'ing so slow that you get 2 pyros. I'm generally used to getting him below 50% before we get one, makes the fight a lot simpler Razz
_________________
Garov
Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:15 pm
I've found if i bubble earlier than the middle of his cast he'll destroy someone. I've started bubbling with 3/4 of his castbar done and it's worked like a charm everytime. It always makes me nervous tho, since my target of target goes blank right as I bubble, and then he selects me again when I cancel it. And yeah, 2 pyros? Never seen that ever. I think I might go ballistic on people if their dps was that slow.

Seloei
Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:56 am
he pyros? O.o

Never seen it, then again i used to be picky who i took there, only people i knew how can "grasp" the scope of things and not stand around there with no idea wtf they are doing.

But... he is taunt immune (will become non immune in 2.4.2)
_________________