Skip to content
Maintankadin

heeroic steam vaults best party makeup? pulls help?

Brickhouse
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:01 am
I think this is one of the more challenging (if there is such a thing) heroics there are. Certainly the hardest in Coilfang Resevoir. It is not hard, though, so don't twist my words =) Compared to others that are butt easy, this one is a notch harder though.

AoE tanking does not work as good because of so many fearing/mind controlling/silencing mobs. If one of those dudes with the spears gets loose on your healer for a swing or two, that is pretty much their life.

This is one of the rare instances where I do some CC.

Positioning is key, and if your groups knows where to stand, it is not too problematic. As already mentioned, the pulls towards the first boss are certainly the most difficult. Use consecrate with care. CC as much as you can, and it should be cake.

I did this instance tons - as I was learning heroics, because I wanted the bracers =) It is about positioning and CC. Unlike most instances that I can do in my sleep, this one requires that you explain people's positions - e. g. to avoid silences, which can wipe you if it hits the healer, and fears that will also wipe you in many cases.

Overall, not too hard, just have to CC some, and keep your consecrate in its holster =)
Eltiana
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:28 am
I find one mage adequete to sheep one of the sirens and burn down the other one first. Otherwise, its business as usual.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:56 am
like in the terrace, LoS > Casters. Even the thin pillars by the bridges work for that.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Aerfalle
Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:29 am
I like a mage since sheep is a very useful cc for the siren pulls.

Healer doesn't matter as long as it's not a druid. Pally cleansing fear works as well as a shaman or priest healer with their anti fear toys.

Warlock is nice for the first boss but it isn't needed.
Cosmoz
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:33 pm
ultimate group?
tankadin+aoe+aoe+aoe+priest (I prefer priest but I guess any healer with good enough gear will do)
_________________