Skip to content
Maintankadin

Magisters' Terrace 2nd Boss Vexallus made easy

Aarek
Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:35 am
I think the reason for us killing flares could be one of our 8 billion reactive damage abilities. I've personally seen the flares dying and me getting the debuff thing happen. The only true way to discover the reason is for a parse.
_________________

Aerfalle
Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:38 am
Consecrate doesn't kill them. Also, someone said they don't consecrate during this fight? How does that work? You already can't block any of his attacks, how are you getting enough threat?

Snake -- I have had mysterious debuffs during this fight as well. I normally use the DMC card, but have been swapping in the Violet Badge and (come to think of it) haven't seen any mysterious debuffs since.

This boss is tough. I've run this many times and have had a mix of good and bad encounters with this boss. It's actually kind of mind boggling that anyone is posting "he's easy, l2p" (not literally, but that's the meaning)
Lookit
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:38 pm
Yes, DMC:V will definitely kill the adds. Hence mystery debuffs when you haven't so much as targeted them.

Also, pro tip:

The First Boss of Heroic Magisters' Made Easy: Make sure at least 1 healer and 1 dps make it into the room with you, without getting locked out. Completely trivializes the fight.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:53 am
Threat is an issue for me because I rarely run without a high-dps group. They do like to go hiper on overload, which is always fun. The dot debuff increases their damage a LOT, so I can't afford not to consecrate on this boss(I actually ninja any Energy that is dangerously left alone for the threat boost).

"Damn, 8k eviscerate" says it all for me :/
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Sweeney
Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:03 pm
Anecdotal evidence: Arcane Explosion doesn't kill Pure Energy. Our mage thought maybe they were immune to arcane damage, but it seems more likely that it's the AOE flag, like totems.

Also, I've not gotten the debuff unless I specifically targeted Pure Energy and whacked them, *or* had Retribution Aura up. (I don't have DMC:V). That's with Consecration ticking pretty much the whole fight.

I don't know exactly how the mechanic works for certain, but that's what I've observed.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Dorvan
Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 pm
I've killed adds without ever targeting them...I don't have a combat log to go back and check the cause of death though.
_________________
2ndNin
Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:10 pm
Warning: Anecdotal evidence ahead

Consecrate does seem to kill them.

However, in their normal spawn positions they are not on top of it, and tend not to move through it. If you move up and consecrate on top of them it can hit them and kill them, I do not tend to wear the DMC card, but do use ret aura (so that may explain it). Well just me, seems to work tbh.
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria