Skip to content
Maintankadin

Warchief Kargath Bladefist

2ndNin
Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:54 am
BoPing or Iceblock seems like a bad idea as it seems to remove a node from his blade dance some of the time (so he is only hitting 4/3/2 members of the party instead of 5). Also he can multi hit 1 person while dancing, he doesn't actually have to change player (though the chance is lower it seems), so keeping a clothie up can actually be a challenge.

Key thing I find is build threat fast, then get him down fast, once he hits 20K ish it becomes possible to solo it if the rest of the party dies, so hitting this kind of area should be your primary goal. Also keeping vengence up and not attacking ads (so if he dances you you hit him and hopefully keep up the 5 stack of debuffs).
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
Dynaheir
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:56 am
Just the follow up on this since there were a number of replies and concerns..

I've been doing this Heroic almost daily now, never again wiping at this boss. Most of the time my healer is another pally and it's got a huge benefit: 2 BoPs. This and positioning seems to be the key for each of my runs.

I position my groups roughly this way:



Yellow, if not Melee gets to be the 3rd Ranged dps with the most health/survivability. I found locks/hunters to be useful in this position too in case any of the adds go thru they can easily be CC'd on the fly without having me to do some crazy acrobatics to get them back to me (normally towards the end of the fight when I'm OOM and need to downrank consecration for the newest adds).

Red needs to be hugging the wall while in LoS of thealer (keep an eye on the stairs' spiky borders) and as far away from Kargath as possible, and healer on the oppossite stairs. These are the ones we tend to BoP during the first Dance, they can work their way out on the Second one (Ice Block/Healthstone), and boss shold be dead by the 3rd dance.
_________________
Radience
Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:02 am
I usually have 1 melee (ideally DPS warrior but ench shaman or rogue will do the trick also) with healer stand on the stairs keeping adds busy. I'll wear block value set and stand on the other side of the room in the corner. Idea is to keep Bladefist charging healer and between everyone in whole group. Ranged dps will stand each on their own corners. This way myself and ranged dps will take very little damage and healer needs to run in to throw couple heals only every now and then. Worked every time so far especially with squishy healer, if your whole group out gears instance then just burn the crap out from him Wink. Never done heroic SH with feral druid, I think it would be really easy if you have druid tank Bladefist and take yourself all adds on stairs.
_________________
Pizbit
Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:15 am
I wont take anyone who can't hit 9k HP group buffed. No ifs or buts,9k group buffed or don't come.
They also need to have PW:S up always, the mana shield for mages, I hand out kings, if I have a warlock they WILL use an imp, make sure they all use stam food.
Ensure DPS only DPSes the boss, start with max rank consecrate then keep rank 4 down always, you only need to out do healing aggro on the adds remember.
I'd probably BoP a dps before a healer to be honest, the boss doesn't hit hard and it is a DPS race - blade dance hits harder every time he does it.
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Ardraaken
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 am
Did this on heroic last night with no deaths, group was me (Tankadin ~ 4 part T4), Resto Shaman, 2 Hunters, 1 Rogue. I tanked Bladefist at the top of the stairs and aggroed all the adds as they came too whilst the rest of the group spread out around the platform and DPS'd down the boss (one of the Hunters also chain Frost trapped the area to make the adds move slower and ensure they aggroed me). Only blade danced about 3 times before he went down and no-one dead.
NarfJones
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 am
here's how it works for me.

1. Engage boss.
2. Healer gets bored and starts hitting the boss
3. Healer dies 5 seconds into the fight.
4. We win anyway because he is kind of a pussy.
_________________
Tanking is was made to do