Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic Mech woes

Sweeney
Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:26 pm
Your 5-man team should head into Heroic Slave Pens -- it's straightforward without any real gimmicks on bosses. This means after you guys clean house, a light may pop on in their heads in terms of how much knowing the instance helps. It'll also be a nice break, since it goes so smoothly.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Sweeney
Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:31 am
Or runspeed to boots, of course.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Frickit
Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:28 pm
mana is nice but it is the case where either the tank or the healer simply arnt leet and those charged fists will kill the squishy or surprise the healer. only happend to me once when I was new with a Pug healer who Im sure was legally blind.
_________________



I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.
Brickhouse
Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 am
I am sure you are many times through with Mech hero...

But, really +800 healing is VERY light (probably not enough), unless you are fully epic geared tank. More importantly, however, is "knowing" what is going on =)

This is not just your responsibility (but get used to it, everyone always looks to the tank, when no one has any idea what is going on), but the groups.

On those destroyers, need SOMEONE in the group that can interrupt. I know Hammer of Justice works, and certainly kicks and earth shocks work to. I have not bothered to try Arcane torrent. The easiest way to handle them, is just interrupt.

Worse case scenario, it is worse for the melee =) Your healer should know that you could potentially take HUGE spike damage if no one interrupts, so they should be ready to shield + greater heal, or natures swiftness big heal, or whatever. +800 add heal is pretty weak, but that would be the MINIMUM I would expect to be passable, if the rest of the group was sound, e. g. interrupting, etc.

If you can do one Heroic, you can in theory, do all of them - but you have to just learn the different encounters, counters, etc..What separates hard from easy heroics is this simple fact. The harder ones have more niches, whereas the easy ones are simple tank and spank.

The 2nd boss, yeah, she is a real pain. I have also had groups in my life time that could not down her. The real trick is that EVERYONE moves. If your dps is dead, then, well, you can't harm her, and eventually you will fail =) It is not realistic that a healer can heal (no matter how good) dumb people standing in the fires.

As you already know, this boss does not hit us very hard. She is a gimp. The only thing that she does that is annoying, is that dragon's head, which drops aggro. Everyone just need to move...move..and move.

best case scenario is a priest or Druid healer...but any good healer will do.

good luck.
ldeboer
Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:43 pm
[quote="ldeboer"][quote="Cearn"]
Pane
Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:47 am
Dunno if this still works since I haven't run mech in about 9 months or more, but this is how we Used To do it in my old guild.

skip fire lady at first, clear gauntlet, kill end boss

then go back for her, tank wades up to agro, then everyone sprints towards the room of the end-boss.

the elementals are much, much slower than the boss, so you can have her dead by the time they get there.
Yinramu
Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:35 pm
Fire Lady: she really doesn't hit very hard, it's her elemental damage that can really screw you up as a tank. She's the only heroic boss that I wear resist gear for - because I cannot tank her effectively and run from an elemental. Just a few "of fire resistance" greens and a trinket swap or two to keep my defense up, and I'm good to go. The difference is noticeable in the amount of damage you take.

I've also done melee dps in this fight (as an enhance shaman). I had some fire resist gear made for Al'ar, so I decided to try that out in that fight as well (since it had worked so well as a tank). The elementals really did not hurt that much when they got a hit off - I became easier to heal, and was still able to do an appreciable amount of dps.

The last thing that helps this fight is to make sure everyone is kiting in the same direction, and has at least someplace to try to go when they're not kiting.

I like to tank her in the middle back of the room against the wall (to help minimize the knockback aggro loss), and have my ranged dps/heals go to the platform she starts on when they don't have aggro from an elemental.
_________________

Yinramu- Hyjal
Rykis
Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:55 am
Woah, this thread is still alive?

The other day my group did heroic mech and we killed her. As someone suggested, she does not hit very hard. Everyone just needs to learn to run away from the elementals. They move slow you just need a mindful eye.

The rest of the dungeon was a piece of cake now that we got the hang of it. When the destroyers were doing their charged fist we'd used our fel hunter alternating with hammer of justice. I noticed that if I delayed the hammer of justice until after he got the charged fist buff it would last pretty much through it. This seems to extend the time you don't get attacked.

Word of advice for new tankadins trying this. Bring some stamina buffs.
_________________