Any suggestions on how to tank Epoch Hunter (Old Hillsbrad Foothills) effectively? I have done it twice successfully, but it's been really sloppy each time. He's the one that removes your buffs.
Stack as many magic buffs on yourself as possible. Scrolls, other class's buffs, everything. It'll provide some protection to your other, more important buffs (read: Righteous Fury)
When the fight starts, frontload as much threat as you can through Avenger's Shield, JoR, Consecration, and an immediate Holy Shield. You want to push out as much threat as possible from the start while you have Righteous Fury up to gain a lead on the DPS. Have your healer keep HoT's on you (if possible). Tell the DPS to go all-out, give them salvation beforehand so they can go absolutely nuts with DPS. The key to the fight is making it as quick as possible, since you just had to endure 3 waves of enemies and can't afford to just out-last him - eventually he'll get rid of all your buffs.
Stoicism helps for this fight, as it gives you a 30% chance to resist your buffs being dispelled. _________________ I am the light that brings the dawn. I am the shield that guards the realms of men.
-Cathmor of Malfurion server
formerly Baelor of Runetotem
I asked on the WOW forum and was informed that the aura epoch hunter uses to dispell our buffs can be purged/dispelled/stolen. I think so long as you can get a shaman, priest or mage to come along, that is the best route to go.
I can confirm it does work, a Warlocks Felhunter works the best for this boss.
Tellysaren
Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:43 am
Hmm...That might explain my spotty aggro. I want to pay attention to something besides health bars moving and cooldowns, but I don't know how to see 3 corners of my screen at the same time . Now I know why the hunter got his face smashed in and I couldn't regain aggro. _________________ Tellysaren-Level 70
Human Paladin-0-49-12 Protection
Jewelcrafter/Miner
Mok'Nathal
Arcaneshot/spellsteal/dispel/purge and the like do work, but the aura "ticks" as soon as it's cast. It'll give you time but you stll have to watch out. _________________
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
This boss made me spec into stoicism when I was levelling, back when there was no holy shield or combat expertise. I don't think I'd do that now though.