Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic Black Stalker - Underbog

Honorshammer
Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:08 am

Heroic Black Stalker - Underbog

I'm looking for Strat help for killing Black Stalker in Underbog.

We are running into 2 problems.

Problem 1. When the tank is levitated Black Stalker will wonder over and start kiilling healers and dps

Problem 2. When the adds spawn, they like to kill our healers and dps.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Zeels
Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:12 am
- Don't pull with AW so you can shield when you get levitated.
- Stand closer to the others so you can dispell the levitate.
- Full nuke the boss ignore the adds
- Range taunt some adds when you can.

The stalker is really weak with some proper dps:ers it won't take long to down him.
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!
Vagrant
Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:14 am
I suppose you're the tank.
Cleanse until you drop down and pray that no one dies.
When adds spawn, pray that you are available to throw a consecrate on some and a jor on one.
Other than that, huge dps.
_________________
Nord EU
kywirelessguy
Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:18 am
The one time I tanked it we just ignored adds. I did taunt the two or three off the healer, but he's really a puss and should go down quick.
_________________
Exodius
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 am
I've only killed him once, but I remember frisbeeing when levitated kept his attention going. Smile

AS is our intercept/feral charge. If you see a strategy guide listing those, you can often replace AS and it tends to work. Razz
_________________

Matthias
Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 pm
Whenever i pop DS on Levitate, i start getting thrown around the room like im in a Tornado (bug?) but yea, Cleansing it off is the way to go for that.
Guillex
Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:37 pm
I've always made sure to just keep my threat ... he pounds on me even when I'm in the air.

*shrug*

Easy peasy.
_________________
Official thread killer

Andox
Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:10 am
The stalker is very easy, we even fourmanned this boss with me, holy pala, warlock and mage cuz our dps warrior needed on the axe from hunterboss with the excuse of that he needed a "tanking" weapon, so we kicked him.
_________________
Flex
Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:34 pm
Bring more hunters.

Hunters rip up that instance.

Beware of the following when cleansing levitates. You may be relevitated into a wall, out of LOS and he'll evade heal. You may be levitated out of the room and he'll reset if he comes back to you.
_________________
Pizbit
Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:17 pm
Haven't tanked him on heroic, but on normal I did:
Frisbee the moment you get thrown up, and consecrate.

For heroic most tanks I've seen just burn him down, as a hunter I'll save my MD to pick off any adds on the healer and persuade them to visit the tank.

If you get levitated away, RUN BACK to the middle of the room ASAP to help prevent him going in to evade, one time I got levitated away, landed, levitated away again = evade.
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
NarfJones
Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:33 pm
The fight works exactly the same on heroic. At least, i do it exactly the same on heroic. And hunters do rip this instance up.
_________________
Tanking is was made to do
Far
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:40 am
Noob question from a quite new tankadin. ( only tanked 5 instances sofar)

Tanked SP heroic last night, and now moving up to Underbog.

When I heal this place I make sure to cleanse the tank as soon as he gets poisoned, and then continue healing.

When tanking SP I noticed that my healer (my GM on his priest), didn't cleanse. So I did it myself.

But when I cleanse I am not blocking atttacks, isn't that correct ?

Thinking that if I have to cleanse myself, those bog lords are going to make minced meat out of me.

And what does "frisbeeing" mean ?
Keiran
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:46 am
Frisbeeing is when you toss your shield. Avengers Shield.

And no, as far as I know, If you cast stuff, even instant, you can not block.
_________________