There were two things wrong...
Firstly, we had a discipline priest relatively new to healing. We managed to get up to the final boss alright, but him lacking CoH really did hampen the fight.
The second is what the boss does after his explosion...
He teleports and begins to cast arcane explosion. Everyone runs around behind a pillar and blocks line of sight. All good so far.
After this, he aggro dumps and randomly targets someone.
Now here is where the problem is.
A second later, he targets a second random player as a polymorph target.
My taunts almost always got the polymorph target. As they are not the real target, he will still go for the player he wants to rather than me, and by that time they likely have caused aggro themselves to keep them on more than what a judged righteousness will do.
So the "real" target of the aggro dump gets killed as my taunt is still on cooldown and I can't get the boss off them.
After that it's just a matter of attrition. We run out of people before the boss dies, and I am left to futilely try and break his mana shield unsucessfully.
Am I missing something? Is there some trick with consercrate or self healing or something that will be more reliable than what I was trying to do?
In the end I swapped to my CoH priest, the priest swapped to his rogue, and a warlock swapped to his warrior. After a warm up attempt we got him down.
Still, I feel this fight should be doable and I was just missing some trick to pick him up. Any tips?
_________________











