Skip to content
Maintankadin

Bubbling through Pyro

submerged
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:22 am

Bubbling through Pyro

During my last MgT run I had a chance to test out bubbling through Kael's pyroblast. The only problem I had with it was once I bubbled, he switched targets and wtfpwned the warlock who was second on threat. I was wondering how people bubble through these on the 25 man Kael fight. Do you have to bubble RIGHT as he's about to throw the pyroblast, or in the 25 man does he not switch targets after starting his pyroblast cast?

It might have been a latency issue with me yesterday, since I wasn't on my normal connection I may have bubbled a bit too early. It just seems like it's a bit risky if you don't have good timing, would you have to back off a bit to give yourself more time to bubble through the pyroblast?
_________________
Khayne
Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 pm
it´s a long cast time, i cast bubble right after he´s over halfway in it and he´s never shot anyone else with the pyro (once i died since i accidentally double-clicked my bubble button which dropped my bubble Embarassed )

Just drop the bubble after pyro, dont matter if he gets 1 fireball off to some dps. it´s some 4-5k, even squishy mages (that could actually iceblock it) survive one of those.
_________________
cordelia
Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:37 am
wrong forum. wrong pyro. lolz. and yes, bubble during his cast, not before.
_________________
Arianne
Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:15 pm
You need to make sure that whoever you have interrupting knows to interrupt after the pyro casts. He'll immediately start casting a fireball before you have time to drop shield after the pyroblast and that fireball can kill someone (especially low health priest healers).
_________________
~Lightbringer~
Arianne - 70 Paladin - Protection
Sayvil - 70 Priest - Holy
Lookit
Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:32 pm
I had the same experience as the OP the one time I tried to bubble through it. I bubbled while he was casting the spell, and when he cast the spell, one of our mages instantly died. The mage checked his combat log and it was definitely the pyroblast that killed him.

I've heard of some pallies immediately running away from him when he begins casting and then bubbling after the pyro has been cast but before it hits them. This seems a bit risky to me when you factor in latency, but I'm planning to try it the next time I do Kael with a group lacking serious dps.

Incidentally, in my groups he usually casts pyro just a few seconds before hitting 50%, at which point a tank is not necessary anyways. Having a warlock cast Curse of Doom right as the fight starts is a great way to get the shield down easily, since he begins casting pyro right at the one-minute mark.
Maihes
Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:54 pm
Yea I completely botched bubbling myself the other day. I back away then hit it right after he finishes casting... ADD kicked in and yea.... but 50% happened right then anyways.
_________________

Achtung
Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:41 pm
I also did that last night. Was first time to do it on heroic, and for some reason I thought that his pyro last later on, like after 50% hp or something. So I was just standing there judgement spamming and my guildies came over vent "uh...pyro?" and then splat before I had a chance to react.

Still wtf pwned him though.
_________________
Yae, 70 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde
Robin de tolens
Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:41 am
I think you should just use righteous defense just after using the bubble, that way he will not change the target.
_________________

strongbad216
Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:54 am
The same thing happened to me last night, but instead of him switching to dps he wound up one shotting the healer. I also didn't bubble until he was about .5 seconds away from finishing the cast (had good latency that day) but still wound up wiping. On the next attempt i just ate the pyro since you don't really need a tank for the next phase. Is this just some kind of random occurrence when he doesn't hit you or is it some kind of glitch? Should I even bother bubbling through the pyro next time? (mind you I don't like high repair bills, but one death is better than a wipe)
_________________
Robin de tolens
Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:49 am
Kael Thas is a mob, not a player. Even if you set your bubble a millisecond before he casts his pyro, he would still change his target. That's why you have to either bubble ~2sec before the cast and taunt , or step back and bubble after he's casted his pyro.
_________________

Robin de tolens
Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:11 pm
Theoretically, the bubble makes you lose aggro, so I would say he'd change his target once you put it on, but i might be wrong, as I have never tried.

Nevertheless, I've already seen mobs just target another player or my pet (when I'm on my lock) and just before the end of the cast, target me and cast the spell on me.
Anyway... a mob shouldn't be able to change the spell target, since players cannot Evil or Very Mad
_________________