Skip to content
Maintankadin

1st boss MgT

TheHonage
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:43 am

1st boss MgT

Question - in MgT i thought I saw a video where if you pull him into the middle of the indent in the floor (the one with the sun) the aoe doesnt hit the group. Confirm?
Invisusira
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:45 am
Wait the first boss has abilities? Here is my strat for him:

1) Attack him.
2) At some point, things will get yellow.
3) That's all!



OH one thing he DOES have: VAMPIRE TEETH! It's true! I noticed last time I was in there!
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Rokh
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:47 am
Why does it matter? the aoe is what... 600dmg every 4-5 seconds?

a renew can out heal that sheesh... if your healer cant out heal the aoe, get a new healer.

In my group we ignore the crystals and just beat the shit out of him, you can kill him in normal and heroic before he even gets to a 2nd crystal if you just dps him down.
Snake-Aes
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:56 am
In all honesty, I don't even bother with the crystals, let the bitch suck them at will(even in heroic) if you have at least 2 mana drains available(mana burn and viper sting ftw) to OOM an explosion or two. It's easily healable even in heroic
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Blowhole
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 am
I actually went to do this boss around my 4th heroic clear of the place and I had a full PuG for the first time. I told everyone that with my normal Druid buddy healing, we ignore the crystals and just straight DPS him down.

So I ask if everyone is ok with that strat and ready. They say yes... I pull, not realizing that the mage in the group is still in the hallway. He gets locked out and we 4 manned it on Heroic.

Yeah it's that type of fight.
_________________

http://thunderlord-us.warcrafter.net/blowhole
Drak
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 am
The priest I usually run with is CoH specced. We ignore the crystals he drains entirely, as CoH heals for more damage than the AoE does, even on heroic.

Guillex
Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 am
Uh ... Warlord Kalithresh v2.0?

Same strat, that's about it. Easy peasy. I'm sure it's about the same on heroic.
_________________
Official thread killer

2ndNin
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:04 am
Umm, Warlord Kalithresh if you ignore this tanks will tend to kill ya even in T4/Badge gear, this guy if you ignore the crystals (and he tends to get to 60-70% anyway by the time people swap targets and kill it) gives you back mana which you run out of otherwise as he hits like a puppy.

Ignore crystals because he hits like a puppy, if you don't basically the only mana you will get back is the bar you started with so your threat is heavily capped Sad.
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
TheHonage
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:51 am
well, perhaps my reason for wanting to do this isnt clear.

I run with a mage, destro lock, and affy lock. Understand now? Yay for casting interruptions. I have a mage myself and its a PAIN when u get interrupted a lot. And its less than 4-5 seconds, its about 2 times per cast -- so about 1 per 3 secs. (Btw this group owns, aoe fun timez!)
TheHonage
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:25 am
I guess i've never ran it with a paladin when i'm on my mage. And hes frost/arcane so not really any pushback.

This question is no longer important as I am quitting WoW so it will not help me in any way.