Skip to content
Maintankadin

Regular BM

Supernose
Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:03 am

Regular BM

I tried to tank regular BM the other day, and failed miserably. I've never before had trouble holding aggro, if someone got feisty, I'd ask them to back off a bit(Mages and Warlocks are two good examples), and salv anyone who needed it. But so long as the healer kept me alive, we were good. Well, this go around, I dunno what it was, but I couldn't keep the rift lords on me to save my life. It was me, a PVP Pally healer, two rogues, and a Hunter for adds. I salved both rogues and one or the other ALWAYS pulled pretty quick, and they both said they were holding back. Then on top of it, I couldn't tank Temporus either. I would always die. It was like this fully epicced PVP(granted I know not PVE, but I've seen PVP healer's do good in PVE), couldn't keep me alive. Am I missing something, doing something wrong, or was it just a bad group make up?
_________________
Snake-Aes
Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:50 am
Mana is an issue and everyone should know you have to take your few seconds before each fight if it's necessary. They have a huge aggro radius and therefore you should always be the puller.
Don'tp ut hunter on adds-only... Stay between the portal and medivh and the mobs beeline over your consecration(downranking is godly here). If you have the libram of divine purpose, use it and downranked consecration. They shouldn't worry with mobs until you have a few on you. Being hit always helps your mana =D

For temporus...Arcane shot dispels his attack speed buff...that alone should make the fight much easier. He does a "wound poison" debuff that stacks on you as he attacks, it's an avoidance fight for the tank =)
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Willy-Willy
Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:18 am
First time I did BM - normal mode - I had a healer who normally did Heroics, but needed rep with Caverns of Time; almost all of the instance, the ride went smooth... I informed my party members that I need to charge at a wave with full mana, to be an effective AoE tank (I couldn't picture leaving trash - worth their weight in gold for any tankadin - to a DPS). Everything, until Temporus... Maybe it was a bug, maybe I was undergeared, maybe it was bad luck... I got 7 (SEVEN) debuff stacks, each applied when the others had 2, maybe 3 seconds until they faded away. The healer - a shaman - was throwing all he had at me, but the debuff stack made heals look like Linen Bandages. At about 60-65% of Temporus' HP, he said "dude, just die... I'll be OOM soon; let the druid tank". I didn't have much of a choice there, so I kicked the bucket and the druid bear stepped in - it took a little longer, with only 2 other DPS, but I never saw that debuff stack more than 4 times on the druid.

Ever since that first time, I never had the debuff stack more than 4 times either. I tend to see it as bad luck - Blizz does say the bosses have CDs on spells/abilities, but don't necessarily use them whenever possible. Other than Temporus, I had no issues with this instance.

What you should try, given good gear and some disciplined party members, is to always drink between waves, mount up with the aura and rush the portal just as the first adds are spawning - so you can make full use of AS -, and try not to let any mob past you... They'll most likely complain you are stalling and two waves will likely overlap and wipe the party, but having full mana gives you enough consecration spells to mop up the adds, while allowing your DPS to constantly hit the Rift Lord/Keeper/Bosses.
_________________
'The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.'
Ciandin
Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:19 am
You can't bubble to remove the debuff, but you can bubble to avoid it refreshing. Have fun with that one though Razz
Snake-Aes
Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Like many physical abilities, only a full block will stop it, partials won't. Avoidance is the way to go.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Supernose
Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 pm
Lol Guillex makes me feel like a dog who piddled on the carpet.

Anyways, I figured out what my problem was. I grabbed sucky healers. Got a healer from the guild, and wham bam thank you ma'am, BM was over quickly. One easy instance if you've got the right stuff. Thanks for all the advice though, definitely helped out.
_________________
Robin de tolens
Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:46 am
PvP sets suck. More even suck PvPers with no experience when they go into dungeons.
PvP sets suck. More even suck PvPers with no experience when they go into dungeons.
PvP sets suck. More even suck PvPers with no experience when they go into dungeons.
PvP sets suck. More even suck PvPers with no experience when they go into dungeons.

Honestly, except that damn debuff Temporus stacks, Heroic Black Morass is a piece of cake. So regular BM should be just boring. You just need to be with people with a minimum of skill and you won't even have to use your chrono beacons at all.
_________________