Skip to content
Maintankadin

heeroic steam vaults best party makeup? pulls help?

kensanity
Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:09 pm

heeroic steam vaults best party makeup? pulls help?

Myrmidantwon alliance frostwolf

Ok so I've been going crazy trying to get badges doing like 7 heroics a day. Anyway gear issues been making me aim for steam vaults to get cape and since I'm farmin badges I went for heroic.

Anyway party makeup was me tanking pally healing a lock a warriordps and a hunter.

The bog lorf guys hit hard but no big deal. However the four pulls before the first boss were nightmares. I worked on pulling the groups into the hallway south, to avoid fear issues but hunter trap kept breaking and I couldn't kcik multiple heals and fears. Idk. What is the best kill order for the naga caster groups and at my gear, should I be looking at bringing more cc for those pulls? I want to say hunter was at fault for just not reaaly knowing how to trap or that the pally healer just couldn't keep me up but idk. Maybe I pulled wrong? Idk I ran that instance in normal all the way to exalted for a back that never dropped so I'm sure I know how the pulls work. Just need some opinions on heroic difficulty and my gear. Keep in mind I've tanked heroic mgt, sethhekk, ramps, blood furnace, mana tombs and slabs with minimal difficulties (and mech and bot) but man I couldn't even get to the first boss with this party in steam vaults
Maihes
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:40 pm
The trash before first boss actually is some of the tougher pulls for most groups I have done in heroic SV, take it slow, its not that hard of an instance to do effeciently. For the fear pulls just before boss, pull into hall way on way to rest of the instance, healer can stand at range to not get silenced / feared etc.
_________________

Snake-Aes
Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:40 am
The double caster pulls before the first boss are the worst to handle in the instance. Ifyou don't pay attention, you aggro 2. if you don't pull properly, you aggro another 2. If you don't cc, you risk aggroing another pack. I try to avoid doing that without at least one cc for the sirens(fearers). T



This place makes me happy i'm a Blood Elf. I can break their CC and interrupt them immediately, and right after that again.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Cearn
Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:20 pm
i have been using a rather time consuming but safe tactic with a slightly undergeared group some time ago. start off with boss two (just go straight for the second boss) and move through the water twoards the first boss. pulling from there was hell a lot safer.
_________________
Cearn - 70 pew pew Spankadin! - EU Anetheron

It dont matter where you from its where you at~
Pizbit
Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:46 am
'best' group:

Mage
Warlock
Hunter
Shaman/Priest healer

2 CC, a fear breaker(or avoider), in fact the fear can be cleansed can't it? been a while, if so a pally on the ball works.
Warlock trivalises the first boss, and second... Smile
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Ariashley
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 am
I've never wiped in that instance when I have cleared fully to the first boss, unless someone in the group stood in a really bad spot and got feared (which I think has only happened once). The only time those pulls are really ugly is if you are bypassing most of the trash. Since, most of the time, the majority of the group is after rep, I usually just clear it.

When you clear going around to the left, you can LoS the casters behind the rock formations to the left that you clear Bog Lords from. I prefer to have a mage for SV every time. Shaman (for tremor totem) is nice. If I don't have a mage, I like a rogue who I assign to sap the oracle and then to kick the 2nd caster that fears (name slipping my mind right now). I can usually interrupt the first one enough with Arcane Torrent and HoJ and a combat rogue can hit both casters at once.

In my opinion, either an underskilled group or an unfamiliar group will have a much easier time with this technique, since you can create a lot more room for error. It does take longer than if you have a group that doesn't fail and CAN ninja. In my experience, 50% of groups of incapable of not wiping on the ninja. It always seems very difficult to LoS those casters into that hallway. They like to camp the entrance and then ppl inevitably get feared into another group - instawipe.
_________________
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Sparti
Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Paladin (you, dork)
Shaman/Priest healer
3 warm bodies
_________________


Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.