Skip to content
Maintankadin

Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

Mortehl
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:12 am

Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

I have a couple of questions. Do we have any who's done it?
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Lore
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:49 am
There was a post a while ago from someone saying they'd done it, what are your questions though?
_________________
And then, John was a zombie.
Daeren
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:56 am
Gonan be alot more who does it now.
_________________

Mortehl
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:31 am
I'm thinking of bubbling through the first pyro, then shielding through the second. Will that be enough to get the shield down?

Also, does AOE on the weapons make sense?
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Lore
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:36 am
We usually burn down 1 weapon (the bow since it's the hardest to group up) and then AOE the rest, I've tanked up to 3 of them at once.

I'd use the shield for the first pyro and bubble for the second since it may get interrupted before the second (and your DPS should be shooting for doing that).
_________________
And then, John was a zombie.
Daeren
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:42 pm
I'm tanking 4-5 weapons when AOEing.. it's alot of fun.
_________________

Worldie
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:09 pm
I've tanked a couple of times P4 when our MT wasnt there during learning tries, never tanked P5.

I always AoEtanked 3 to 4 weapons. Usually, Daggers, Mace, Shield, and the Sword, but we usually have the MT picking the sword to not have excessive damage stacked on me (the DoT hurts).
AoEing the weapons is probably the easiest way to deal with them, single target nuking might be more difficult.

You can bubble throught a pyroblast if needed. U actually can bubble when he starts casting the first, and the 3 pyros will all be directed to you even if u don't dispel the bubble.
But that wasnt important for us since we ignored the Shield and the Pyroblast son our tactic and used that time to nuke phoenixes down.
_________________

Jonesy
Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:22 am
I'm doing it right now (your progression seems to spookily mirror ours, I think you downed Vashj either a day before or after we did). I'm using the shield on the first pyro and then DSing for the second if it doesn't get kicked (we're experimenting with burning the shield down and ignoring it).

I'm seeing if I can rejig my gear to eat a pyro without consumables; so far I'm 972 health short of it. Sad
Rhaenys
Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:29 am
Seperate question, but relates to tanking Kael. Does FR help against his attacks? We are steadily getting to P4 (working on a few not dieing), and our MT was wondering this, but have not found anything anywhere regarding this.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:05 am
Even if you can afford to get that few hundreds HP missing, it's a HUGE risk. You would survive with very little HP, meaning for any random factor (not being 100% HP, a phoenix aura, a MC person hitting you, Kaelthas hitting you after the interrupt and before being topped off...) you will get oneshotted.

I strongly recommend using the consumables anyway. It's not the case of being cheap.
_________________