Skip to content
Maintankadin

Well, that was easy! When does T-6 get harder than Vashj/KT?

Tamlin
Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:59 am
I think there was method to their madness Smile

By the time you killed Kael, more than likely you had just about everything needed from SSC/TK anyways. The first bosses in MH/BT were possibly meant to replace those instances so there was a steep drop off. Raiders would not get burned out having to juggle 4 raid instances at once.

We are going back to hit Kael for the first time in almost 5 months. It will be interesting to see how much easier he is.
Knaughty
Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:10 pm
Oh, and to update our KT trials and tribulations....

We didn't get him Wednesday, because we took 7 healers and didn't have the DPS to take advantage of "nerf mode" and got to do him the "old fashioned way" and failed.

Thursday night was a full raid night on KT, 14 extra vials if we could kill him. Three hours later, we finally strung a full set of perfect phases together, got him to 50% and Phase 5, 25/25 people alive and ready for the kill....

He does the "walls fall down emote"...

And...

then he wanders off through the wall after about 5 minutes of being untargetable.

GMs unable to help - there goes our 14 vials and guaranteed kill.

He eventually respawned 20 minutes or so later, we gave it one last shot, but people were too demoralised to really keep it together and we wiped on the P4 transition with half a dozen dead and two advisors up.
_________________
Mouse
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:58 am
thats too bad about the despawning. We just got to the bastard last week, and got to 72% last night. I look forward to him dying in a week or so.
_________________
EnsgnBlack <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 BE Prot Pally

Mousetasche <Skulled> Gurubashi
70 Destruction Lock
Dragonzbane
Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:49 am
Last night during a horid night of bad luck we had the figth bug out on us for 10 minutes.

One of our Paladins connection kept acting up and we had to boot him.
After that our MT was having connection issue and was DCing every 35 minutes.

On his last DC, after we wiped we all stood outside Kael's room and waited for him to log back in. When he finally logged in the encounter started and the doors close.

Of course Thaladred killed him but then he started targeting people outside the room. He walked right through the closed door and stalked people running for the entrance. After everyone was either dead or had escaped he patrolled the Hall from Al'ars room to Kael's room for another 5 minutes before finally resetting.
_________________
kalbear
Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:43 pm
That would suck.

At least the trash in MH drop some fairly nice loot. Smile
Mithos
Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:34 am
If I'm already in the instance when we go for archi I will be left in, if I'm not, I might be able to blag my way in for someone who doesn't need anything, but probably not, which in all fairness, makes logical sense.

And yes, we cleared naxx monday this week for the first ever time on the server, I was tanking Sapphiron, but on Kel'Thuzad all the tanks got wiped out by frost blasts Razz, I would agree that Naxx at the proper level looks a hell of a lot harder than anything I've seen in BT/MH so far. I hope SUnwell/level 80 is harder.
_________________

Maranus
Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 am
Typically, we 22-24 man now-a-days, so I don't have to worry about losing my spot, unless I'm too drunk to click tears...
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
enbee
Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:20 am
you're cool
_________________

LoL, a paladin tank!
Worldie
Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:04 am
Dorfs cant be cool.
_________________

Mortehl
Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:02 pm
First 3 bosses down in BT. Yay. -ZERO- plate tanking drpops. Boo.

Fun night for sure. WTB My godamned tanking loot.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?