Skip to content
Maintankadin

More tanks on Archimonde

Arianne
Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm
Generally people dying to cratering means that they're not clicking early enough. Just emphasize that as long as you click your tears after you start going down the arc then you can't die (unless you were low on health to start with - in which case you should use a potion or a healthstone). If you click 1 second after starting to head down then you'll take about 5k fall damage. It's not worth it to try and take very little fall damage when you can just land and bandage yourself up.
_________________
~Lightbringer~
Arianne - 70 Paladin - Protection
Sayvil - 70 Priest - Holy
Tekkel
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:29 am
That won't help if they just "forget" to click it or click the wrong button on their bar.
Snake-Aes
Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:12 am
tell them to stop being asses, and unbind their Honor tab, and rebind it to the tears :p

It's what I did with my mouseover cleanse binding anyway XD


"Forgetting" to not die is really something you can't afford in Archimonde fight =|
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Eneroth
Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 pm
Yeah I went and respected Holy for this fight, the only fight that I did this for. I think it was worth it. Our second day working on him and we downed him. Man is the last 1% long! Smile Just didn't see my reason for me going there at all, and I knew my healing is just okay when prot spec. I know later on I will be able to stay prot for this, but when learning a boss like this, figured I would help out as much as possible.
_________________
tofino
Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:15 pm
It seems he's dead at 10% except for the scripted event and "killing him" is just for fun as the wisps kill him anyway after 60 seconds or whatever. Hope we can get there tonight -- was there for about 12-15 attempts on Sunday and mass preventable deaths ensued :p. I avoided dying until wipe announce every time, and busted out heals, so I suppose I did my job.
_________________
Tofi, 70 BE Paladin, Whisperwind
Averroes
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:24 pm
Or they can build up threat and be second on threat and hope the MT dies so they can pick it up Razz
_________________


Credit goes to my guildie Slimp for making sigs for the guild.
sunstrike
Mon May 05, 2008 5:55 am
I went holy for this but we are finding people just aren't capable of doing this fight yet. We tried using a group clustering method in an attempt to increase understanding and re-learning that the purpose of this fight isn't to dps but to live. However that doesn't sink in.

How have other people dealt with your guild's "just not getting it"?

At this point I see no point in returning to this boss as all the practice in the world won't make a spit of difference.

This is very sad since I feel we have made great and quick progress in hyjal and we now 1 shot the first four bosses.
_________________
Worldie
Mon May 05, 2008 6:46 am
We have some people that just can't menage to survive and die.

We just heal through the soul charge and keep it up, amen to them.
They eventually got t6 helm before me tho.
_________________