Skip to content
Maintankadin

Azgalor

Zyxa
Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 am
We have the doomed person running to the melee pack, positioned up the hill by the Tauren Warriors. As it gets to ~3 seconds left I make sure I get a consecrate down as its possible you're going to get a silence just as they die.
_________________
Worldie
Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:44 pm
Just to let you know, Azgalor doesn't crush so not having HS up isn't really a problem.
_________________

Frank
Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:52 am
I had a funny experience last night as my guild worked on Azgalor.

We were using a druid tank on Azgalor and kept having him die. I had been spending most of my time working on my OTing research here and hadn't really researched the tanking requirements of Azgalor himself.

Because of the ROF the druid in question was using some FR gear to tank him. He was having trouble picking up the silences and was getting parried during silences due to not stopping DPS. We were all thinking he was just sucking and needed to be replaced.

Eventually I decided to try tanking him myself to see what the hell the problem was. Following his lead I equipped about 200FR and remained uncritable. My block, dodge and parry were all in the toilet of the low teens.

I was killed by Azgalor in 2 seconds. 2 10K white hits seperated by 2 seconds and I was toast. I literally laughed out loud.

I was incredulous. How the heck could that happen? Azgalor can't crush! I was uncritable! 2 10K hits in 2 seconds? In all the strats I read I never heard that this guy was that kind of boss.

I realize now Azgalor is essentially Gruul v.2. I wish someone had pointed this out in this thread! He hits like a speeding locomotive on fire and silences frequently. Wearing FR was beyond stupid. I learned a valuable lesson about resist gear last night, if you're going to stand in front of a speeding train that's aflame you really shouldn't be worried about getting burned!

The moral? If you tank this guy have your best tanking gear equipped, have your HS up as much as possible, have a ton of HP's, use nightmare seeds as soon as you get in melee range to buy yourself some time for the healers to get into sync as the early part of the fight you are very likely to be spikey when you are getting him into position, use ironshield potions, do anything and everything to keep yourself alive because if you don't could be under the wheels in 2 seconds flat.
_________________
Dazhbog
Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:44 am
Our bear clocked some RIDICULOUS incoming hits tonight on Azzie. This pit lord hits like a freakin' train, as stated; I leave him to the bear (who's built better for it), and pick up doomguards with the taurens.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:39 pm
Mmm i tanked him today for the first time (as stated somewhere else, no prot wars in raid, and bears don't usually tank bosses for us).
He doesn't hit *that* hard tbh. The "painful" thing is that he can possibly spike 16-17k damage in 1 second with a melee + cleave, so healers must be on balls, and the tank must have a reasonable hp pool (22kish i'd say, i tanked him with 18k since the BoK pala forgot to rebless, dhu)

For sure, threat isn't rly a issue there for a paladin, ye u might have to stop tps for few seconds while silenced, but casters also stop their dps during that so it's a non issue.
_________________

Aleriya
Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:58 am
Stupid question: does DI remove Doom?

As tank#4 and paladin tank #2, I'll probably be healing here. I have a tendency to run oom before the fight is over, though. I figure if a spec'd healer gets doomed and I'm oom I can trade spots with em Wink Assuming that works.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 am
Nothing removes doom.
_________________

sanctifico
Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:16 am
Tanked Azlagor once, it was no big deal, i just let the druid do it now :p

I just tank the dooms, with the BT neck and imp consentration aura.
_________________

Stats shown are unbuffed as of 28.04.08
Helenia
Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 am
I also made sure to hit ESC the second the silence hit. Seemed to help.
_________________
Born to tank.
Dazhbog
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:45 pm
Attempted to tank him tonight. I think some of the healers all moved at the same time, which was bad luck, but I still ate a 10k, a 8k, a 9k, another 10k, and a6.5k in approximately 8-10 seconds. Ouchie.

Once the fight settled down... maybe? Possibly just bad luck on the pull, but geeez.
_________________
Gerilith
Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:55 pm
Well, tanked him without any problems. Had one point with 1.2k Health left where I had to use my pocket watch (which was, indeed, lucky!) but after another 2 seconds of silence and the casting time everything was fine Wink
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.